due date confusions - how to work out???

rachelt

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hello,
I'd like to introduce myself first, got my :bfp: on October 14th :happydance:

Have been trying to work out due date today, but due to wildy irregular periods, can't tell when last period was.
I know I ovulated around Friday 3rd October and think this was the day we conceived, ie did deed! Therefore, I am only just over 2 weeks pg. But, when i put date of conception as 3rd of October, I keep being told by pregnancy calculators that I am 4 weeks 2 days preg.
How can I be 4 weeks 2 days preg if I only conceived just over 2 weeks ago????? :saywhat:

Any advice appreciated! Wishing you all a happy 1st tri :hug:
Rachel

Thats becos its working around when your lmp shud of been if you would have had anormal cycle you will get a dating scan at about 10 wks which should give you a deff date
hugs serina xxx

The weeks are counted from the first day of your last period, which means that for the first 2 weeks you're not actually pregnant. I think most due date calculators assume that you ovulate on day 14 (so they add 2 weeks on). So 2 weeks after your date of conception you would actually be considered 4 weeks pregnant x

[Edit...too slow as always :rofl: Sorry serina - was typing when you posted!]

yesthat makes you about 4 wks preg, as midwife will ask u first day of last period, coz u dont know she will go back two wks from the date 3rd oct, coz we ovulate aprox 2 wks after first day of period, do u get me?

Yep i got confused on this in early first trimester .
i asked the sonographer who put it like this " You work out your due date from 2 weeks before u concieved " . So your actually pregnant before your pregnant lol , And a woman is classed full term at 38 weeks . xxx .

Ok, I get it, thanks very much, that helps! Exciting thing is....

I am 4 weeks 2 days preg then!!!! :dance:

That's a whole 2 weeks more than I thought! Silly me. It is a bit odd that our first 2 weeks of pregancy are spent unpregnant :wacko:

Aww hun congrats on your pregnancy...you need a little ticker now in your sig so we can keep track on how far gone you are xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hehe yeah it is :) think the only reason I didn't get confused was 'cause it's not been that long since I came out of high school Sex Education, one of the few benefits of being a teenage mother I guess :rofl:

Thanks guys :hug:

Hehe, my sex education consisted of putting condoms on bananas and being told "The best form of contraception is just to say NO and SHUT YOUR LEGS!" :rofl:

Is surprising I've lasted until 28 without getting pg with that kind of help!

Ok, how do i get a ticker?! :blush:

i had the exact same confusion! Until i went onto the NHS website and used the Due Date Calculator. It tells you when you are roughly due and how many weeks pregnant you are. I'm 5 weeks! =]

thanks xx

Ok, how do i get a ticker?! :blush:

When you see a ticker you like on one of our posts just click on it and it will take you to the website that makes it,
Just pick the kind you want and fill in you due day and then copy the BB code into your Sig bit xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->