due date help??!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by BabyFry, Nov 18, 2011.

1. BabyFry

BabyFry Well-Known Member

Hi ladies

Ill try and keep this short and sweet...

My LMP was 7/04/11 making my due date 14/01/12 but when we had our first dating scan it put us back to 31/01/12 meaning my last LMP 26/04/11 - it wasn't, i was on honeymoon so id know!

Anyway had midwife yesterday and baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead now (im currently 30 weeks so this puts me to 32 weeks) - This matches the dates. From my actual LMP- not the scan...
    So midwife is sending me for a growth scan if baby is still measuring big.

Has anyone else had this? Am i matching my dates or am i just having a biggie or could i just not grow in the next 2 weeks?

Very confused!!

Thank you xx

2. lozzacol

lozzacol Member

dating scans are usually right, you probably ovulated a little later than you thought. due dates calculated from LMP are only accurate if you have a very regular 28 day cycle & ovulate exactly 14 days into the cycle.. not many people are that regular. usually when you're measuring bigger you've just got a little extra water or something.. measurements arent accurate.. im usually a week behind at every appointment, but my midwife doesnt worry & she said it definitely doesnt mean that he will be a week late xx