Due date today and ill with cold

bec01

Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone else? OH had a cold last week and lovingly passed it on to me, been ill for the last few days and seem to be feeling worse every day. I've tried every safe remedy I can think of and nothing is helping.

I'm terrified of labour starting while I feel like this and not being able to look after the baby properly or passing it on.

Just saying I'm sorry to hear you are ill. :( hopefully you fight it off and then baby can make its appearance! Hope you can get some rest for your body. Get well soon :)

Thank you! I've made a doctor's appointment for this afternoon as my throat is super painful now so hopefully they can help.

You'll forget all about being ill once you go into labour. I also think or bodies hold on until everything feels right though! Hope,you're feeling better all soon, were all ill here too.

No advice - just sympathy! I had a horrible cold over my due date with my first. I remember my nose was like a tap and i could hardly breathe. I was really worried about going into labour like that. So I really feel for you.

Fortunately, I went 2 weeks late and ended up not having a cold and being induced.

Just take care of yourself, get plenty of rest and try and build you strength before baby arrives. At least its happened before labour rather than right after when you'll have a newborn to look after.

I have had sore throat and cold symptoms for the past 4 days - my main worry was having to labour while feeling so unwell! I kept myself topped up with paracetamol and rested lots. Hopefully you will start to come round I feel loads better - ready for my due date Saturday x

Thanks everyone. The cold does feel a lot better today but my throat is infected apparently so I've been given a week's course of antibiotics. So hopefully will be on the mend now so baby can make an entrance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->