Due date today and nasty mwife-long rant sorry

Donna26

Reaction score
Hi All,
It's my due date today (ticker slightly off) and I had my 40wk appointment this morning- as some of you know I have been having seriously bad period pain and I had an early sweep last week as my cervix was soft, low and 1cm dialated.
Well it started off bad because when I went in to the surgery they had booked me in for 4 wks time by mistake- I showed them my appointment card which said today and they said "oh we'll have to squeez you in then"- hello- 4 wks time- even if I went fully overdue I would have had the baby by then!!

Anyway, usual mwife was on nights this week, so got another one- and the minute I walked in she said -you're making me late with all my other appointments now- to which I replied- it's not my fault- i have the card to prove I should've been in.
When she read my notes she said "oh my God" you had a sweep at 39wks- and proceded to rip me to shreds over it- I tried to explain it wasn't my idea, I have been suffering and not sleeping and there was a concern for my health and her reply was- "pull yourself together, every woman goes through this pain, you're not unique" Never mind the midwife who I usually see, who performed it, is one of the senior mwives on the team and has at least 20 yrs more experiance than this one.
Now I know we all have pain etc, but this pain is excrutiating and I haven't slept with it and I have been reduced to tears on many occassions.

Anyway she did usual checks (all be it extremely quickly) baby is fine, but she refused to do an internal and said "no matter what you say to me I am not doing a sweep- this baby will come when she is ready"- again I never asked for one. "you are only meant to get one in hospital when you are 10 days over due, not by the community midwives"

She then ended the appt by saying "go home and have lots of sex and a curry at least you'll be a bit happier, if it doesn't work"- she's the one who needs some curry and sex the miserable thing.

I can't believe how horrible she was to me- I can understand if she has protocol to follow and can't do a sweep- but last week's one really had nothing to do with me- neither did the mix up with the appointment. I don't doubt that pregnancy is uncomfortable for every woman, but I am shocked at her attitude today.
If she has issues with one of her seniors doing an early sweep- surely she should take it up with her , not me. And now it looks like i'm going to be overdue and put up with this pain longer- I am not being seen by any midwife again till I am 40+10- when I go to the hosp to see about induction.:hissy:

Sorry it's long

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

:gun: for her and:hug:for you babe:hugs:

Let's just hope you don't get this:witch:when you go into labour:hissy:

Oh my God - what a bitch. She sounds like the one I had that I put a written complaint in about. Cow.

Can you not call he hospital and say you're not happy and can they check you over?
If you don't want to do that, then call then and play on the pain and say you are concerned and would be happier if you were reviewed. They shouldn't leave you hanging like this.:hug:

some midwives have control issues, but on the bright side if u were 1cm dialated then u are ready to labour, eat fresh pineapple and lots of it, its got enzymes in it which help prepare cervix for labour only in term women though. x best of luck x

Oh my god what a bitch.You should join me hunny on my whoop ass campaign he he.They think we all take the piss and want our babys in our arms as a novelty when it's crap.We can not take the pain anymore.I was going to say the same as Kat,get your butt up hospital play on it say you saw blood if needs be they can not leave you.You may get some one to do an internal who may as well just do another sweep.Good luck babes xx

That sounds horrible hun, i agree with Kat might be worth getting a second opinion.xx

Oh my goodness some people today! She completely did everything in her power by the sounds of things to make you feel horrible. She sounds like a right cranky old cow. I agree with XKatX give the hospital a ring and tell them about your discomfort. Sorry hun you got that treatment. :hug:

What a bitch!!! Does it make you wonder why some people chose to do a job if they clearly hate it so much. She had no right to talk to you like that. I think you should make a complaint about the evil cow.

Sorry you had such a crap appointment xxx

Aww sweet, what a cow!!! Try and forget about her, nasty woman, there's no need to speak to you like that!

first of all, Happy Due Date!

oh my god! someones got a stick up their arse! what a bitch?! how dare she talk to you like that!! she is completely in the wrong profession if thats her attitude!

big :hug: to you! xx

That sucks hun! I hope something happens for you soon and you dont have to wait!

Have you called the hospital hun? You really should. I would x x

What a horrible cow!! I think it just cry if I had a horrible midwife.
Happy due date hun and I really hope it happens for you soon!

xx

I've had some really horrible midwives who make you feel like crap. Thank God they're not all like this. Ignore the nasty old bat!!!! XXX

What a cow!!!! Some MW's are awful! x

You should have left your shoe in her noonie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old hag!

I am sure you will have your baby home before your next appt and all will be well!!!

Good luck xx

You should have left your shoe in her noonie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old hag!

I am sure you will have your baby home before your next appt and all will be well!!!

Good luck xx

what a great idea!!!!:rofl:

Thanks for everyones well wishes- I'm glad that i'm not the only one who thinks I wasn't treated with the greatest respect and it's not just in my head.
I don't understand how 2 people on the same team can have such different views of protocol.
I will def go to the hosp if this pain continues- can't believe that they would leave me 10 days without checking me at this stage- surely this is quite vital time to check babies progress
i'm just gonna have to walk and bounce this baby out!

Thanks again for all your thoughts- God i'd be lost without this forum!

:hugs: Sorry you had such a crap appointment. What a bitch!!!
I agree get yourself to the hospital and checked over, i'm sure they'll not mind.

Happy Due Date :happydance:

OMG what a total bitch :gun: I think if it was me i'd be making a complaint as to how rude she was and make it clear that you do not want her present at the birth or at anymore appointments.. I dont get wht these women become MWs when they are so damn misreble!!!!

:hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->