due date with late ovulation/bf and slight irregular cycles

mummaof3want2

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I got my bfp a couple of weeks ago and im struggling figuring out my due date.
I have not yet seen a doctor as im traveling through north east africa doing work and it all costs money for treatment that isnt necessarily worth it.
Long story short i have decided to wait until about 10 weeks fpr firat scan.
I had blood pressure checked its fine.
Its my 4th pregnancy so im kind of just relaxed this time arpund

Down to the question. ..
My first day of my last period was 26th September 2014
I ovulated on the 18th of october. Im 100% sure due to crippling ovulation pain nausia dizziness cervix position and severe ewcm.
Now i was technically due for af on the 28th of october.
I got faint positive on the 29th And a slightly clearer one on the 31st.

Now if i go by lmp im due around the 7th july 2015 which puts my ovulation around the 14th of october which is when i should have ovulated but didnt.
If i go by ovulation my due date would be 12th of july 2015.

I know its not a huge gap but i have given birth to my last 2 at 38 weeks and 36+6 due to leaking of my waters. And i know that days matter around that time in pregnancy if your 36 weeks or 37 weeks makes a difference.
I will most likely not be back home to give birth so i really want to know whats the best way to figure out my due date ? I know how many weeks im according to ovulation but how reliable is the calculation according to due dates ?
Also the docs make u 2 weeks pregnant at conception... should i count my pregnancy from conception so i can be sure to know if my baby is prem or not ?
Thanks ladies

Hi ladies

I got my bfp a couple of weeks ago and im struggling figuring out my due date.
I have not yet seen a doctor as im traveling through north east africa doing work and it all costs money for treatment that isnt necessarily worth it.
Long story short i have decided to wait until about 10 weeks fpr firat scan.
I had blood pressure checked its fine.
Its my 4th pregnancy so im kind of just relaxed this time arpund

Down to the question. ..
My first day of my last period was 26th September 2014
I ovulated on the 18th of october. Im 100% sure due to crippling ovulation pain nausia dizziness cervix position and severe ewcm.
Now i was technically due for af on the 28th of october.
I got faint positive on the 29th And a slightly clearer one on the 31st.

Now if i go by lmp im due around the 7th july 2015 which puts my ovulation around the 14th of october which is when i should have ovulated but didnt.
If i go by ovulation my due date would be 12th of july 2015.

I know its not a huge gap but i have given birth to my last 2 at 38 weeks and 36+6 due to leaking of my waters. And i know that days matter around that time in pregnancy if your 36 weeks or 37 weeks makes a difference.
I will most likely not be back home to give birth so i really want to know whats the best way to figure out my due date ? I know how many weeks im according to ovulation but how reliable is the calculation according to due dates ?
Also the docs make u 2 weeks pregnant at conception... should i count my pregnancy from conception so i can be sure to know if my baby is prem or not ?
Thanks ladies

Hi I am in a similar situation.
I have irregular cycles 40 to 50 days, trying since 2 yrs we had given up since abt 3 months.

We had bd on 17-19 October, my last period was 28th sept 2014 (3 weeks delayed)

I tested positive wih evening pee on 7th November. Went for a scan yday. I was supposed to be 7+ weeks acc to lmp but it just showed a sack but nothing else, they put me back to 5 weeks. Another scan in 2 wks time.
:baby::baby::baby:

I'd go with your ovulation date for now and add two weeks onto it for your lmp. Won't your 10 week scan date your pregnancy anyway? Surely that's coming up soon as we're not that far apart in dates and I'm 9+1 today.

I hope everything turns out ok...
Usually scans can be hard to see unless they do internal. And it also depends on the sonographer... some of them have no idea.
I want to get a scan done in the next 3 weeks but i just really dont have much faith in these people and rather wait until i get the 5 month scan. I feel like early scans they always say something to scare you.

I hope everything turns out ok...
Usually scans can be hard to see unless they do internal. And it also depends on the sonographer... some of them have no idea.
I want to get a scan done in the next 3 weeks but i just really dont have much faith in these people and rather wait until i get the 5 month scan. I feel like early scans they always say something to scare you.

I know what u mean! Am shit scared now.....: blighted ovum & all 😁😁😁😁

Lol....
Dont be scared.
Sometimes we need to think back when all this technology didnt exist and what people didnt know didnt hurt them.
Now we peek and poke into everything it just stresses us out sometimes.
As for pp... im thinking i may not get a 10week scan... but having said that scans change ur dates constantly and this is the thing im concerned about is having them say my baby is older then it is because it may be long ( dh and i are tall) and then its date is moved forward anf really its not that old.
If that makes any sense.

Go by your ovulation date and add 2 weeks on . I have pcos and irregular cycles but I temp so always know when I ovulate.

I have had an early scan (transvag) for both pregnancies to confirm dates. They have always corresponded to within a couple of days to my edd from ovulation so I never understand why people hate them. You just need a doc that knows what they are doing.

Go by your ovulation date. If I go with my info you are rather close to me.

Aug 29th was the first day of my last period.
Sept 19th was my ovulation at day 22 of my cycle
Went in for a scan when doctors thought I was 7w 4d I knew I was closer to 6w 4d (was 6w 5d) because I am not a text book case. I do not ovulate on day 14 I ovulate at least a week later. So I must subtract at least a week from what I would go with due date. I got an early scan if you couldn't tell by my story and I was pretty much spot on where I was guessing.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"