Due Date

Mummy1506

Mummy of 2 boys :)
Reaction score
hello all.

Hope you're all having lovely 1st tri!

I got BFP today! 10 dpo however my lmp is 24th April but I have long cycles & didn't ovulate until day 30!! So my due date by lmp will be 29th January but if I go by ovulation it would be 14th Feburary. What date should I use until it's confirmed?

For doctors appointments etc ?

Thanks

Drs always go by lmp until the dating scan results. Just let the dr know what your normal cycle length is as otherwise its presumed that you have a normal 28 day cycle.

I'm similar as I ovulate on day 21 of a 35 day cycle! My doc just wanted to know lmp so I'm going by that until the scan! I'm happy with that as I get the scan a week earlier and the dreaded 12 weeks of worry out the way quicker lol!

Most likely after the scan your due date will show up as roughly feb 14...but drs always go by lmp at first even if its not accurate.

Thanks all! That's what I thought although my dates never changed with my first two & I've always had long cycles but I've also always gone 11/12 days overdue which would explain things lol.

Yeah that's what happened with my first too, in fact I got put forward a week in the first scan but I was 9 days overdue.

Hi. I had the same. By lmp I'm due 31 dec but by ovulation and a scan I'm due jan 11.
Medical staff had to take my lmp at first so I had my first scan really early but I just told the sonographer when I ovulated and so we didn't expect a 7 week blob. my due date has always been taken from the scan.

I have a short cycle but they did not adjust for it, just went off my LMP based on a 28 day cycle until dating scan.

I think it depends upon how far off the baby measures versus the date of your lmp. My midwife told me if it is off by a week or more they may adjust it, if not they will go by your lmp. As a side note, my lmp was also April 24th :) however I ovulated May 7th. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->