due in 10 days and really scared.. help!

shellbelly

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hope you all ok.

So this is my first baby and as i only have 10 days left i am starting to get more and more scared. A friend rang me yesterday to tell me someone she knew had just gone into labour, which is great, but then she proceeded to tell me just how damb excruciating labour is as she has a kid already!

I know she didn't mean to scare me but it really did piss me off and scared me even more!

Why do people do this?? I am dreading the birth and so scared i wont be able to cope, i just want it over with. I know labour is really painful but can anyone please help to put my mind at ease a little bit?

Thanks
Shell xoxo:cry:

I'm due my first in just a few weeks, and my scared levels are definitely on the rise! I'm afraid as it's my first I don't really have anything reassuring to offer about labour/delivery but I can assure you you're not alone in your fears!! We'll all make it though, my approach is to take every day, every hour, minute as it comes, and remember who I get to meet at the end of it all.

Best of luck - I'm sure everything will go well for you :flower:

Hi there
Congrats.
I want to tell you our minds play tricks on us big time. We are told things then our minds play it like a movie in our head and we anticipate the worse. Its common for us to do so as we are pushing a football out of our nostril. I have went through this 6 times, and I will tell you EACH time is different. Our bodies, minds cope with things extremely well when its needed.
Do you have your DH there to help you along, a doula, midwife, coach...?
Try not to stress out right now, as these are your last days with the pregnancy then soon you will have your baby in your arms.
Im sorry people are doing this to you. Just try to take their words and advice or knowledge as just that and dont take much merit into it, but do be grateful that they arent buttering it up with sugar and lieing tho.
Good luck. Congrats :)

Your welcome. Your not alone. Fear is common just befor a birth. You can really never be ready for child birth. I dont care how many say they were ready...I never was. My 6th is only 8 months old and I was so ready to have him...I mean every appointment I went to, I was ready...I begged the dr to induce me and so much more..then the day came that my dr got fed up of my complications and said ok, go home get your bag your going in. I said NO ...YES I SAID NO lol He looked at me like I was a drama queen. I said I have 5 other kids i have to tend to, I need to clean the house, my 5th was only 11 months at the time LOL I said no. Its to early. I had him early. but I laugh now, cus I anticipated the worst.
Sorry to repost..I just miss being pregnant and miss the whole labor things and more. Just thought I would jump in here and give some comfort to others.
:)

Thanks hunny hope everything is ok with you, you have your hands full bless you xx

this is my second and im scared about labour, its totaly normal.
my first labour wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, and i actualy said that to my oh during it.
we all cope with pain differently and ur doing it for ur baby.
its usualy only afew hours of pain and then afew weeks to heal, and after that uve got the rest of ur life with ur lo. its all worth it x

I can't really advise you what the pain will be like, as this is my first and I have no idea.. But your not alone with feel scared.. I'm due in 8 days and I am sh**ing myself tbh! So scared, as I don't know what to expect.. And also having a baby, first time mummy... Just sounds so scary that I'll have someone relying on me for the next 18 years..

I am scared too and it's my first baby, so sorry I can't add anything positive, but at least you are not alone.

Also, sorry about your friend telling you about how much labor hurts.

My MIL keeps going on and on about how her labor and delivery DIDN"T hurt at all and that she didn't use any pain meds or anything and how easy it was etc. I am glad to hear real stories on this site because if all I knew was what my MIL said I would have been so surprised I am sure!

I just think about what we will get in the end and try to focus on one day at a time. :)

I'm 3 days over due with my first! I was totally petrified loseing sleep constantly thinking about it! Then when due date is near u seem to go relaxed an just want them here! I had a sweep yesterday an don't think it's worked but fingers crossed it does! But if not I no my baby will be here by next fri as I will be having a c-section! I don't wanna be induced so opted for a c-section was surprised they said yes! Being as I've had a easy pregnancy x

Hey Shellbelly

I'm due in 13 days and my husband is currently deployed in 'sunnier climes' and may not make it back in time for the birth - have to set the wheels in motion to get him back once I am in labour! Soooo, I am also pooping my pants as this is my first and my lovely OH may not be there for me! Also, I am not in the UK with my friends and family. :cry:

However, on a more positive note, you and I will be in the right place being looked after by the right people, all who have our and our babies health as their main priority. I think a bit of fear is good, as the adrenalin will help get you through it all - as well as any drugs LoL!! :haha: I think that you have to try and be as open-minded as possible and take comfort that millions of women have done this before us and some of them many times! :coffee:

Good luck to you lady! :hugs:

PS I'm a Shell too - just thought I would share that.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, hope all your labours go well too xoxo

I am scared too! People around me are so excited about baby's arrival but I just keep worrying about the labour and hoping that she comes out safely. I just want the labour bit to be over with!

well this is my 1st so i cant re-assure u but just so u know your not alone regarding feeling scared about the birth, its perfectly normal i dont care what any1 says, if they say they are ok about it then they are not really thinking about it just so they wont get scared - all i can say for me is that im not that arsed how people describe it to me as i am expecting it to be painful as i dont want to go in there fooling myself into thinking its going to be a breeze. I watched to many episodes of one born every min to ever think that but i can say that when the moment comes and my Eva is here it will be the most amazing moment of my life so i guess for all the being scared and the pain i get to experience that, and for that part i cant imagine what it must be like and i cant wait i am looking forward to that one moment, so please just try and concertrate on this for u and your experience as for me this helps and i hope that this will help for u too xxxxx

Having babies does hurt but its only for a short while as soon as the baby is in your arms you forget how bad it was as you are so wrapped up with this new little person. Every bit of pain you feel giving birth is one step closer to meeting the one person who will love you unconditionaly for the rest of your life.

why do people do that???? ive never understood the need to tell horror stories !!

im 23 and ive had 3 straight forward births, i was in labour with harry for 4 hours, ella 45 mins and lola 10 hours from first pain... but the painful part was right near the end, infact i slept for some of that 10 hours... ad i had her at home!

ive never used any pain relief and i caught the girls myself.....

just remember your body is made to do this..... how many women in the world have delievered babies before you? lol.... billions...... whats more than than billions?? lol

just stay calm.... and breath... focus.... you body is made to deliver this baby, trust what your body tells you... dont push til you feel your body wanting to push.... breath through your contractions and try not to freak out....!

youll be just fine..... and youll have your beautiful bubba in your arms soon.... and i know its a cliche.. but youll forget all about the pain as soon as you see your baby x

goodluck - :)

x

It is completely normal to be scared. Yes it is painful, but there are pain relief options. I had an epidural and it was amazing. Hoping to go without this time though. Good luck, you'll be fine :)

mummaofthree - you were clearly made to have babies!!

i know it probably won't help one bit but we are made to do this lol.. no matter how much i told my MW "I CAN'T DO IT" her response was "too late.. you're gonna have to" :laugh2:

i'm much more worried this time around cos i know what's coming but i'll get through it like i did with my first and i'll forget all about it! xx

im expecting with my first and due in august and i know when it is coming towards my due date i will be the exact same. but really thnk about how many women go through it and then do it again. they say you forget the pain and we just need to remember its all worth it! its the contractions that are supposed to be the worst and once you get through them you are going to be fine! i dont know what birth plan you have wether you are doing it natural or gettin pain relief but people who get pain releief says it makes such a differnce! years ago people didnt have that option. when your baby is here you wont care about the pain so just remember that!
good luck hun and keeps us posted!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"