Due today, had 40 week appointment

Moraine

Mom to a cutie pie!
Reaction score
Well, today is my official due date, and I went for my 40 week appointment. I told them that I had been having bad lower back pain since yesterday and they said that was a good sign. They (midwife and student) checked me out and said the head wasn't too much lower, maybe at 1 or 2 whatever that means.

Then they offered to do a sweep so I said yes. This was my very first internal exam during my whole pregnancy, so I felt a little weird. But my hubby came in with me so it was okay. First the student tried and she couldn't feel my cervix, so I had to get onto my side and the midwife found it right away. She said I was 2cm dilated and my cervix was totally soft! And she could feel his head, she said if felt lower than what they could tell from the outside. Course I guess that doesn't mean much, but I was happy! She did the sweep and now of course I'm having bleeding, gross.

So she said she would come to my house in two days and do another sweep. How many does it normally take with a first baby? I'm hoping to not go ten days overdue, because then I'll have to go to the hospital for a non-stress test. I told her I don't want to be induced.

Anyhoo, I'll update if anything interesting happens. I'll be busy sitting on my ball and walking on the treadmill!:happydance:

Good luck i hope things get moving after your sweep chick!!

happy due date hun, hope your little baby decides to come out real soon! sounds like your appointment went really well xxx

Oooooooooh :cake: :cake: Happy DD!!

Hope this means something is going to happen to you!!

I only had one sweep with my son then they proceeded to convince me to get induced at 7 days overdue. I don't recommend it. I was in labour for 30 hrs and he was in distress - NOT FUN! This time I will let baby go as long as 2 weeks overdue before inducing!

Happy Due Date :) Hope your little one comes soon!

Thanks guys! I really hope he comes soon too, I can't wait to meet him!

Happy due date, hope things start to happen soon

Happy due date! Good luck, hope your LO arrives soon!

Happy due date!!! Good luck, i hope something happens soon. x

Good luck babes - I hope the sweep works for you x x

Hi, goodluck hun.
i have my 1st sweep on fri and unpon reading your message, (prob a silly question) but it made me a little curious, if the midwife could feel babys head, how can they say it is safe to have sex????
xxxx

Well, today is my official due date, and I went for my 40 week appointment. I told them that I had been having bad lower back pain since yesterday and they said that was a good sign. They (midwife and student) checked me out and said the head wasn't too much lower, maybe at 1 or 2 whatever that means.

Then they offered to do a sweep so I said yes. This was my very first internal exam during my whole pregnancy, so I felt a little weird. But my hubby came in with me so it was okay. First the student tried and she couldn't feel my cervix, so I had to get onto my side and the midwife found it right away. She said I was 2cm dilated and my cervix was totally soft! And she could feel his head, she said if felt lower than what they could tell from the outside. Course I guess that doesn't mean much, but I was happy! She did the sweep and now of course I'm having bleeding, gross.

So she said she would come to my house in two days and do another sweep. How many does it normally take with a first baby? I'm hoping to not go ten days overdue, because then I'll have to go to the hospital for a non-stress test. I told her I don't want to be induced.

Anyhoo, I'll update if anything interesting happens. I'll be busy sitting on my ball and walking on the treadmill!:happydance:

Hi, goodluck hun.
i have my 1st sweep on fri and unpon reading your message, (prob a silly question) but it made me a little curious, if the midwife could feel babys head, how can they say it is safe to have sex????
xxxx:blush:

Happy due date, hope something happens soon x

Happy DD.

Hope the sweep gets things moving x x

Happy DD! I hope the sweep works for you and you have your baby very soon! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member