• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

DUMB question about O

traylee01

Reaction score
ok im thinking something

when we get a pos opk say and we O within 24hrs, does mean the egg is released at O day but we still basically have 24hrs to dtd still cause that egg is still coming down tubes etc

so in another words we are still fertile until a temp rise

It's suggested that you would have BD BEFORE pos OPK.. So I think maybe it's trial and error in TTC over a couple or few months. Also, I know it's been said as soon as you get a pos OPK to BD right away but that does seem mixed as I did NOT BD once I got pos opk (just busy with life) but had BD 1 and 2 days before pos OPK and got pos hpt..

I have also read that you can bd day of and day after "just in case" because the opk is detecting the surge..

oh crap - maybe my answer was confusing. i'm confused now.. :)

last year when i was trying i did it around O day and nothing kept doing it
this time i have dtd for 6 days straight including the first OPK, we stopped the first night of opk as we had done it all nights before, i skipped last night (got another pos opk yesterday morning) but couldnt be stuffed doing it again, hopin tonight will be ok when hubby gets home

what do you think of my chart

My Ovulation Chart

i have my suspicions i od yesterday due to the pain i was getting, but had nothing today pain related really, but i was thinking if egg was released yesterday sometime with all the pain i had and super opk at 11.am that i might be ok to do the deed tonight at 11pm ish when hubby home

we wanted to give him 1 day break yeserday to re build spermies incase, sorry if that doesnt make sense lol

Wish I could even *click* on chart but I don't temp or chart.. I've been ttc for 3/4 cycles now and did everything but chart.. Preseed, soft cups (once) and opks..

if you dtd for 6 days leading up to O you should be good.. but yeah if you can dtd again with pos then you may as well.. it's only gonna help.. :) Maybe someone else will be able to read chart.. :)

The thing with ov's is that they only show that your body is getting ready to ov not that you ov'd :growlmad: Ovulation is subject to change sometimes from external reasons, stress,upset etc. so you can get a pos and still not ov. Ov sticks always showed that I was set to ov on CD 15 but in reality via blood tests was cd 22 so my advice is have regular sex from the end of one period to the next because we used to have sex around was we thought was my fertile time and then stop, when in fact my actual fertile time was 8 days after the pos ov test. Wishing you lots of luck. x

Agree with tiger. Opks show you that you WILL o. Not that you have. The egg will be in your tubes for a couple days- and only lives for 24 hrs. So yes- bd as soon as you see that pos!! If you dont chart keep track of when you get your pos opk. That way in the future (if needed) you kniw you typically get pos on cd _ and can bd beforehand as well.

As I understand it, once you get a positive opk, the egg will be released within 12-36 hours. The egg will survive for about 12-24 hours after that, but because it takes sperm a while to hit their peak and its best if they're already waiting for the egg in the Fallopian tube, then it's best if you bd before a positive opk and as soon as you get one for a couple more days, at least until you get a temp rise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"