Dumb question..humor me?

L

littlebuddha

If you have sex the DAY you ovulate...is it to late to get pregnant?

I see alot of advice saying the 2 days before ovulation are the best but what about the actual day the egg drops?

Thanks girls xx

haha you can see why I ask, i didn't bd last night but did the day before...

It's not too late hon, but it's not the day you're most likely to catch (that's the 2 days before)

I don't think it's impossible, but I just don't think it's optimal. Of course, if I knew, I might be pregnant by now. So, take it with a grain of salt! LOL Good luck catching the eggy! :)

Eh, what could it hurt? Actually, they say you should BD on Ov day just in case you release a 2nd egg. I think it's rare but if you were to release a 2nd egg, it would come within 12 hours of the 1st.

oh i like this thread:dohh:.........i was just wondering that myself lol :wacko::wacko: its the 1st time since loosing the twins i felt ovulation....omg my left side was killin last night.....achey this a.m and we had :sex: the previous 3 days post O!!!! oh please let it be me :thumbup: Fx

:dust::dust::dust::

spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy: DO UR JOB !:haha::rofl:

:coffee: BRING ON THE TWW!

definately possible, it just means the :spermy: have to race their way to the egg to get there in time before it disintegrates rather than them being there ready and waiting!

Aw, definately not a dumb question hon. I think a few of us have been wondering, including myself! I ususally do it on ov day as well, just to send in reinforcements... then usually the day afterwards as well - just for luck! Although, don't listen to me as i've been trying for an age and have an ectopic and chemical under my belt for my trouble! Hahaha...

so when you get a positive opk is that when the is releasing, been released, or going to be released lol

The egg can usually survive 24 hours after the actual ovulation, so in most cases there's plenty of time for the :sperm: to arrive, even if you only :sex: on ovulation day.

OPKs show your surge of LH and you should have the official ovulation within 12 to 36 hours after a + OPK.

The Zita west book i have been reading says that when you get your positive opk or peak on cbfm you get up to a miximum of 36 hours to catch your egg. When you get the positive that is when LH is released in your body and thats what is picked up, LH is released when the follicle is about to burst and the egg sent on its way. from when it is thrown from the follicle it survives a maximum of 12 hours.
Hope this helps xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->