Dummies... Yay or nay?

A

AppleBlossom

Just wondered who gave a dummy and who didn't and what your reasons for it were.

I gave a dummy because Grace was constantly on the bottle and if I went out for the day would take about 4 with me, if she didn't have one in her mouth she cried. One day at my wits end and fedup of being stuck inside I gave her a dummy and now I can go out wherever whenever and she hardly ever cries unless she gets bored. It's been my lifesaver!

Remember there is NO right or wrong answer to this question!

No she doesn't have one. Why? Because she won't take one. I've tried a million times. :rofl:

I gave Ciaran a dummy for about 6 months Then it was affecting us during the night (always waking up for it) so i decided to take it away from his cold turkey, He took to it really good:D

Holly had one it was my lifesaver cos she was always crying if she wasnt feeding.
Robyn and sam never ad one just because they were so good i never offered them one :happydance:

Yay!

She was using my nipple as a dummy.... got quite tiring. She wouldnt take it at first. I pracitcally forced it on her.

Lola started using a paci(dummy) pretty much when she was just days old.

I gave charlie one cos it helps to reduce sids. He wont have it anymore though x

Brooke uses a dummy and has done since she was about a week old

Thomas has never had a dummy cos he has never really needed one.

jack doesnt have cause i never gave him one, with bfing i didnt want him to get confussed

Joseph has had a dummy since he was 2 days old. For the first 2 days he was either on my breast or was trying to force both of his hands in his mouth! He has always been a sucky baby, now as soon as i take his dummy out of his mouth his thumb is straight in there!

Both mine had dummies. I didnt want them to suck their fingers or thumbs ( I sucked my fingers till I was 11...:shy: )

Emily gave hers up just after her 2nd birthday. Hebe gave hers up just over a week ago as there is a no dummy policy at the nursery she starts in August - I didnt want to add that trauma in to the mix too!

Nay - I don't really like them and Erin has never needed one.
She does suck her thumb though now when she gets tired but doesn't sleep with it in. xx

Alyssa doesn't have one. I tried, but she won't take one. Counting myself lucky that she's a good-natured, placid baby who doesn't cry much.

like hell id give my baby one! id rather find out why theyre screaming and sort that out than shove a germ covered, tooth bucking, speech impairing plastic thing in their mouths. :)

:shock: Not sure those of us using them arent prepared to find out why our babies are crying......mine didnt ever really use them when they cried anyway.....

like hell id give my baby one! id rather find out why theyre screaming and sort that out than shove a germ covered, tooth bucking, speech impairing plastic thing in their mouths. :)

Um... I don't really think that's appropriate lol those of us that use dummies don't just use them because we can't be bothered finding out what's wrong with our children. Many, including me, substitued bottles/boob as our LO's found sucking a comfort thing but couldn't feed them 24/7 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->