Dummies... Yay or nay?

I sucked on my thumb so much that it got infected. And when it got infected the doctor wrapped it up, I crued the whole night begging people to unwrap it so my sister felt sorry for me and unwrapped it.

I was 3 years old and shoved that infected thumb straight back into my mouth. :sick:

I didn't want that with Lola + various other reasons caused me to give her a dummy from a very eary age.

I never just 'shove' it in her mouth to shut her up, ever! I always got up with her in the middle of the night to attend to her.
The dummies are always clean and sterilized and I do not lick them...ewww.

This is why I wondered what the poster's thoughts were on thrumb and finger sucking.......I sucked my fingers and I think they will have had a darn sight more germs on than dummies that have been sterilised.....my sister ruined her teeth sucking her fingers so much that the orthodentist refused to treat them until she stopped. This was my main reason for giving dummies to my girls.....not so I could get back to jacking up heroin and knocking up cosmos.....

i dont like thumb sucking either.... (germs under nails etc...)

Annabelle has one but only for when she is tired if she wants it she can have it but i dont want her to have it past 1

Lou
xxx

i dunno... most babies here cant get a thumb in 4 a dummy.....

i dunno... most babies here cant get a thumb in 4 a dummy.....

and of course as you have said 'most' babies across the planet are all brought up by the type of parents you come across on a day to day basis.....

I use a dummy, as i did with my first child, and the main times she has it is when she is crying and for bed, altho as she is getting older she wants it more but i dont see the prob with the them

never said they were.... but i know im not alone in my thinking.

slightly OT but has anyone in the uk heard of the term a greggs dummy?

Sorry - but to say that most parents who use dummies cant be bothered to find out why their children are crying is as ridiculous a statement as saying ALL people who live on council estates are drug addicts.

you're entitled to your opinion... just as i am.and ftr i never once said all.

i dont think the term greggs dummy is common, sum1 used it in a forum topic a while ago and i was just ponderin has anybody else heard it used.....

You dont need to say it directly to imply something. ;) So enlighten us with Greg and his dummy theory....

Greggs dummy - A sausage roll or other savoury pastry which is given to a child in it's 'buggy' - pushchair.: "That bairn has a gregg's dummy again"

Ah.... Greggs as in the bakers shop. I imagine they sell crack pipes in there too....:dohh:

thats the one!
is that from that urban dictionary thingy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->