Dummy/Paci Users

I'm not going to wean her off it completely anytime soon but I don't let her just suck on it all day. If she is crawling, playing etc I take it off her. She only has it if she is getting narky in her pram or when she is going to sleep. She doesn't need it any other time so she doesn't have it, simple as. Oh except for when I'm shooting up.... :dohh:

Can i ask in here (as i dont want to start a new dummy thread lol) whether anyone started using a dummy when baby started teething? I havent used one for ella yet as 'touch wood' she is fairly content without it but i have a feeling it will be useful when she starts to teethe to distract her and soothe her from the pain.

Just wondered if anyone else has done this?

xxx

I didn't but when she is teething she is soothed a lot by her dummy as it's something she can chew on as well as suck

Can i ask in here (as i dont want to start a new dummy thread lol) whether anyone started using a dummy when baby started teething? I havent used one for ella yet as 'touch wood' she is fairly content without it but i have a feeling it will be useful when she starts to teethe to distract her and soothe her from the pain.

Just wondered if anyone else has done this?

xxx

I found a dummy didnt help at all when caitlyn was teething, it put pressure on her gums and just hurt her. She didn't want it when her teeth were just coming through

rhys only had a dummy when he was teething, i put them in the fridge and he had them for a few days at a time every so often (not very)

I think what i might do is buy caitlyn dummies that i know she doesnt really like. That way, she'll only take it if she really wants it.

Thanks fingers crossed it works for me too... at least my mum will be pleased im not taking the dummy away from her. Can't help if caitlyn doesnt like it :lol:

Hebe has cut 2 teeth today and we took it off her 12 days ago. She's generally chilled out anyway but I dont feel that giving her the dummy would have made any difference. :shrug:

oh right thanks :), i dont know what to expect when she teethes! I saw a couple of teething dummies in the chemist today that go in the freezer/fridge and wondered if that was just because they were cold and in mouth (like a regular teether thingermy) or because they were cold and soothing!

we shall see! thank you :hugs:

p.s. sorry for invading the original post

See what happens hun. Hebe has shown no interest in any 'teething aids' to bite on or what ever - she's mainly just tried to bite our faces which is just really funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->