• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Dye run or legit bfp?

dairymomma

Reaction score
Is this a really bad dye run/dud test or a legit bfp?

The test strip from the test line over past the control line is very purple and it's an obvious dye run irl though it doesn't show up in the pic as much. I also didn't get to see this test before the time limit ran out. I took it with fmu and checked it at about 5 minutes but it was still processing and I had to go to work so I just set it aside. I came back in and looked at it roughly 3.5 hours later and got this.

Also, SMU hpt was blank bfn. Not even an evap to squint at and wonder about.

Normally, I'd be totally in the BFP camp on this but the timing is WAY off. We dtd like CD 8 or 10 and again CD 24ish? I ovulated likely CD16 or 17 so unless DH's swimmers can time travel, it's pretty impossible for this to be a bfp, right? (I only tested because it's become habit to use an hpt at 12-13dpo every cycle and I did this one almost without thinking this morning. :dohh:)

What are your thoughts? I'm going to retest tomorrow obviously and with at least one other brand of test to verify the results but I'm driving myself batty over here trying to figure this out.

Attachments

• pgtest1.jpg
    pgtest1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 62
Also, at 12dpo, I normally only get an evapy looking squinter and a line this dark doesn't show up until I've missed AF. I'm a slow riser when it come to hCG so to see a line this dark this early makes me skeptical.

I would be inclined to say bfp but I would do another test to confirm:) gl

It certainly looks like bfp hun, definitely test again xx

I want to think so but I can't get over the lack of bding for 10 days around ovulation and the fact that smu was completely bfn. :wacko:

If we'd bd'd during my fertile period, I'd totally believe it.

Are you able to test again in the morning??

I BD'd 5 days before I had ovulation signs and got pregnant. Sperm can live for 5 days inside you and maybe you were off by a day or two on when you actually ovulated. Looks like a BFP to me. Test again and good luck!

Is it a dollar tree test? I had really bad evap lines on dollar tree tests that looked like a BFP, color and everything. They showed up after the time limit though so I new they were evaps

Yeah, I can test tomorrow morning. I'm over here going bonkers. I'm even considering trying a test with blood as I've seen people have luck with that.

I will say that opks are showing very very faint, barely visible lines except, oddly enough, with smu. (What can I say? :blush: I am a POASaholic and I have a new brand of opks that I'm trying out. I figured this would be a good cycle to test til AF to see if I get an LH surge before AF visits because I was so certain I was not pg.) You'd think with an hpt line like that, the hcg would be triggering a darker line on the opk too since opks will pick up both hCG and LH. :shrug:

That looks like a BFP! Good luck, got my fingers crossed for you! :)

That test looks pretty good. Fx for your next test xx

Looks like bfp to me. try a digital to be sure :) gl!

Here's the rundown of the tests I did this morning...

$store cheapie: BFN within time limit and a weird evap as it dried
IC midstream#1: BFN
IC midstream #2: BFN
FRER (old school style): BFN and not even a weird shadow line for me to stare at.

So I guess the consensus is that yesterday's test was just a dye run. I can't even call it a chemical because I feel like if it were a real bfp, then I would have had a faint line at the very least with the next test. Just goes to show why you shouldn't read hpts after the 10 minute time is up.

And actually I'm relieved. We're ntnping right now so I'd love a bfp but this cycle felt like left side ovulation and I have a history of blighted ovum miscarriages if I catch on the left side. So not getting pg this cycle may actually be a slightly good thing. Roll on AF and the next cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"