Dying hair

Googiepie

Reaction score
Had anyone dyed their hair while pregnant? Is it safe? I wanted to do it myself.

My doctor told me coloring hair at home was fine. She said ammonia free formula was better and to make sure windows are open. I am still waiting for my second tri to start though and will do it then :)

luckily i dyed and highlighted my hair all sorts of pretty colors i wanted right before the cycle i got pregnant. my mom doesnt support the idea of putting those strong chemicals into my hair during pregnancy and im not arguing because its chemicals on the scalp skin afterall and our skin is a big organ that absorbs most of what goes onto it. but i dont normally dye my roots whenever i highlight or dye my hair. my hair is so thick it wouldnt even matter because it grows like crazy and the roots would grow and show in a week. i did read on the internet weeks ago that some dyes are safe if you do it in a well ventilated area. i just dont wanna risk anything honestly so i wouldnt since thats what makes me feel much safer but others might say do what you're comfortable with. if you have light hair, you could do the kool-aid dye process. sounds less dangerous for the baby but im not a hairdresser im just a woman and a mother-to-be who has dyed her hair over 10 times before.

I'm a hairdresser, and it's fine. When you think most of us carry on working and are literally covered in the stuff and have healthy babies that suffer no I'll affects! The only thing I will say is sometimes you hormones can throw your hair out of whack a little and if you have blondes put in they can sometimes go a little yellow. Aside from that you'll be fine. Do what you feel is right for you. But FYI no way will I be letting my roots grow out while pregnant :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->