Dyson Hoovers....Are they worth it ?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by mama2b, Aug 24, 2009.

1. mama2b

mama2b Mummy & TTC

I am seriously considering throwing our hoover out as its just not working, I may as well not bother hoovering at all as it doesn't pick up anything !

My friend has a Dyson and says its the best ever but then she has the top one which is like £300 or something so that is way out of my budget I would be looking at the bog standard Dyson so im just wondering if anyone has one and would they reccommend it ?

2. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Yes yes yes. Mine was £280, it's a cylinder not an upright so I can do the stairs :D

3. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

Get a robot hoover for £150 instead :lol:

4. Mynxie

Mynxie Well-Known Member

yep, I think so. A henry is also a really good one but they're very noisy.

5. mama2b

mama2b Mummy & TTC

Jesus £280 my eyes are watering !

I need the cylinder to as I have 3 flights of stairs to hoover. Have seen one in argos for £150 so may get that one.

6. redpoppy

redpoppy Well-Known Member

mine is one of those small dysons which perch on the stairs and where you have to hand clean the filter every six months (or when you realise its not working like it should :blush:)

I bought it 5 years ago second hand for £100 and so wasn't that bothered when I had to replace two parts. One because it broke and the other because I broke it. :dohh:

The costs of the replacement parts was £80.

It still works REALLY well and I would definitely recommend it to people. They really are good machines.

My mates went through three or four cheap cleaners before they finally decided to buy a second hand dyson and they love it. They have cats so apparently its good with cat hairs and things.

Oh and there customer service has always been really good too.

OMG! I've just realised how much I love my dyson! haha! I treat it like cr*p! I really should appreciate it more!

Actually I just remembered that the reason the other part broke (i can't remember if it was the engine but it was a mechanical part) w2as because i hoovered up rubble and lots of dirt and stones after we moved into our home in 2004. I'm an idiot.

7. V11kae

V11kae Guest

I dont think there is a member of my family that dont owna Dyson anymore! But be careful when hoovering upstairs that you dont suck up the downstairs furniture. (ok that was a crazy thought I had when I used mine for the first time, it was that strong! )

8. Ashy

Ashy Chauntelle's Mummy

i love my Dyson and i think it is the only vacuum i will ever own. i have the DC14 upright. its got a bigger canister than the ball one but if i ever get carpet i can still buy the pethair attachment. definitely worth every penny. i have a longhaired calico and white cat, and a Siberian Husky dog. that should tell you how much fur flies around our house!! :thumbup:

9. Pops

Pops Proud Mum & Wifey

Dysons are the best invention ever!! Worth every single penny they cost if you ask me!

xxx

10. Blah11

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...+cleaners|14418650/Trail/searchtext>DYSON.htm

this is the one we went for just because OH has really bad allergys to dust and stuff and is always sneezing.. plus my auntie got us it as a 'new home' present :blush:

11. Blah11

I remember once I was hooving up crumbs around amelies highchair and it sucked up a whole mushroom that was about 2-3inches away :rofl:

12. redpoppy

redpoppy Well-Known Member

And (I think Dyson need to HIRE me as a private PR person who just goes around telling everyone how great they are!!!) my husband met Mr. Dyson some years ago at a meeting from his workplace where there were just three or four people for a few hours and said he was a really nice, inspiring, humble man and you could tell he was this crazy creative inventor guy. Big brain.

13. baby.love

baby.love Guest

I have a Dyson Ball and i love it :) well worth the money as i have 2 dogs and it makes light work of the fur they leave behind x

14. mama2b

mama2b Mummy & TTC

15. Blah11

You'll love it :D

16. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I've had the same cheap Eureka vacuum for over 12 years. I've had to replace the belt a few times (very cheap part) mostly because I ran over something I shouldn't have; otherwise, it's still working great. I paid $85 and can't imagine paying over $200 for a vacuum, though I do hear a lot of good things about the Dyson. I'd happily take a free one.

17. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

yep i would highly recommend them too, and i wouldn't buy another brand now! they are worth every penny for me :thumbup:

18. mama2b

mama2b Mummy & TTC

Im actually really excited now !! God I am so sad, I used to get excited about buying expensive clothes, make up etc, now its hoovers :rofl:

19. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

Dysons are good, but I don't like the one we have at the moment :/
    We got one of the 'Ball' ones, and I really don't like how it moves.

We had a FANTASTIC Panasonic once, which was self propelled... but next time I think it'll be a Miele.

20. dreams

dreams My beautiful baby Ffion

Well worth the money! I wouldn't buy another brand!