Dyson Hoovers....Are they worth it ?

yep, I think so. A henry is also a really good one but they're very noisy.

I agree!

I have Henry's girlfriend Hetty who's pink and its the strongest hoover ever. I've found it the best thing for pet hairs which my dyson didnt deal very well with.

We have a Vax mach 5 which came with a 6 yr guarentee, 1 more than dyson and thats why we got it, we have got through 3 in the 5 yrs we have lived here!! IMO its just as good as the Dyson, bagless and very powerful!!!

Argos are offering a £50 gift card with certain Dysons.

yep, I think so. A henry is also a really good one but they're very noisy.

I agree!

I have Henry's girlfriend Hetty who's pink and its the strongest hoover ever. I've found it the best thing for pet hairs which my dyson didnt deal very well with.

Me too i love my Hetty :cloud9:

I had a Dyson back when they first came out and were "the hoover to have" and tbh i didnt really rate it so never bothered to consider them when i have brought a new hoover since.

I tried the ball one out and it really hurt my wrists! I prefer the old uprights.

I love my dyson :cloud9: I got one with special filters but not the pet one and it's great. Im sure it gets up more dust as my asthma plays up less. Mum has the pet one and its whizzs around great and tackles pet hair well. Although mine tackles hair well too.

love my dyson!! although i now want the ball

I tried the ball one in costco and I broke it :shrug: ball came loose somehow and felt rickety. Im a rough tester though lol I managed to break an icandy pram in john lewis once :blush:

No No No!!!! My god No! Do not buy a Dyson!!!

Get yourself a Sebo!

They're indestructable! We've had ours 3 years and it's fabulous! Granted, style wise they're a little behind the times but they more than make up for it in performance!!

Friend of hubby's had one for 25 years, only reason she gave it up was her son took it to Uni, where it's still going strong 2 years on. She now has the same one we do....I will put a link. They are the same price as a basic Dyson but they are much better. The bags last about 6 months and cost next to nothing! No mess, no fuss and clean carpets! They're brilliant!

Hubby knows more than I do....send a PM and I'm sure he'll answer any questions. :thumbup:

https://www.johnlewis.com/230135101/Product.aspx?s_kwcid=TC|16030|sebo x4||S|p|3309257795

https://www.clearancebuys.co.uk/images/P/SEBO-X4-EXTRA-350.jpg

Uh no maybe I wont get a ball....thinking about it it does look flimsy & I am heavy handed :haha:

I hate vacuuming more than anything. We've had upright vacuums and the other kind and hand held ones and I still hate it.. do the Dysons work well on hardwood floors and tiles?? I want to avoid carpetting in my home lol because I hate vacuuming that much but I'll need something for area rugs and floors occasionally..

We recently got a Dyson animal cylinder upright after our old Dyson (long ago second hand) finally began to fall apart after many years hard work. They are expensive but I would say they are worth it. This one is anyway. We don't see a single dog hair on oru carpets since getting it.

Tasha, all i have is lino and hardwood. i just went with the regular DC14 as the more powerful ones arent needed seeing as i dont have carpet. but i can always buy the stair head if i want for carpeted stairs. its 499 i think. got mine at Futureshop.

I do wish I could have a Dyson. But I find that ALL the cylinder vacums emit a really high pitched whine that makes me feel physically sick :(. But then so does the fridge !
I have a Henry tho and I love it :) Even more so now that I found the bit for dusting stuff :)

https://www.english.dysoncanada.ca/store/product.asp?product=DC27-ALLFLOORS

I have this one. Didn't cost me a penny, (dont ask) :rofl: from Future Shop here and it really is great. I have had it for almost 3 years now and I haven't had a single problem.

And yup, Tasha, I use mine on my kitchen floor quite a bit!

I had one for about 7 years and it was falling apart somewhat, but we gave it to someone who didn't have a hoover at all. Instead of getting a Dyson my Oh and I chose a different brand - OMG it was horrible, I hated the thing. Thankfully, OH killed it by hoovering up glass (don't ask! lol) so when the time came we got another Dyson and proceeded to argue over who was going to vac up as they are just amazing!

My sister also swears by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"