E-Coli...anyone else worried????

Tizy

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Is anyone else really worried about the E-Coli outbreak???

Might be best to avoid salad vegetables for a bit....now cases over here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13608396

Han Xxx

I threw my cucumber in the bin! Is it other stuff too now?

To be honest I shall carry on as normal, as with any food you can get semonela, food poisoning. They have just dramatised it on the news like they do with everything, I shant be worrying especially as Im trying to stick to 5 aday for expectant baby and also my son

Yes I think they are advising against eating lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber in quite a few European Countries!!

Just makes you worry, we've got this far and I don't want anything to go wrong....well no one does do they!

Will washing the veg remove it, I heard the E-coli is actually inside the products.

Han Xxx

I am a bit actually, and i NEVER worry about stuff like this usually.

As an above posted said, you can get germs from anything you eat but this is actually a completely new strain and no antibiotics work on it at the moment. I would prefer to just avoid for a little while, there are other ways to get vitamins like cereal, fish, milk, etc.

Im not worried to be honest. I ate cucumber yesterday (uk grown, would probabaly avoid others though) On the news this morning they just said to use basic hygiene, so i dont think its too serious here. x

im gonna avoid cucumbers and salad for a while too. stick to fruit and cooked veg.

also sayin this now -

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/scientists-mrsa-superbug-cows-humans-232525287.html

bit confused on it and milks my craving :S

In a word.. no.

lol.

im not worried, my husbands company deals with produce and their advice to customers is to throughly wash all fruit and vege before eating as normal

yesterday on the news they said the people in the uk that had it had recently returned from germany. i would just by local fruit/ veg and wash it. i need all the vitamins i can get!
(but most of mine comes from my garden tho.)

No not really - I will probably take precautions like washing fruit and veg properly and buying English produce, but then I do that anyway...

My first pregnancy was ruined with the stress of worrying about swine flu as it was blown completely out of proportion - there will always be some health scare or another to worry about and I think this time in particular the benefits of eating fruit and veg certainly outweigh the very slight chance of catching e-coli from them!!!

From what I've seen on the news they can't even pinpoint it to salad so I'm going to carry on eating it. Yeah it can be spread on through food produce but seeing as nothing indicates it's here yet only through travel, just use common sense and eat as british as possible. It's good time of year for that as you can get most things british anyway as the summer months are here! x

the uk cases have arrived back from germany, there's no cases of people being infected in this country.. we only eat uk locally grown produce anyway, but i won't be travelling to germany and eating a salad there no.. :haha:

It worries me a bit. This strain is very contagious and the incubation period is 8 days.

Sorry to anyone that I've worried regarding this thread....

Just thought it was important to highlight so everyone is aware.

Xxx

I would buy british and locally. I buy off my market every sat so I know where its come from and im not worried. As for the milk thing better give up cheese, milkshake, yoghurts. Again something im not worried about my LO loves his cows milk and wouldn't give it up without a fight. It all dramatised like this how thing with the flu and swine flu, get the jab, again they do this to worry people, unfortunally you can't worry about everything in life

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->