ear bruises

weestar21

Reaction score
sorry if this is in the wrong part :blush:

Last night Colby was having a really bad temper tantrum that lasted about 5 minutes so i left her to scream it out, it started because she didnt want to go to bed bless her, but she finally agve in and fell fast asleep after 5 mins (i was standing outside the door peeking in to makesure she was ok)

Thismorning when she got up shes been fine and happy went for her usual nap at lunchtime while i took Adele to nursery and locky watched Colby.
When i got back she woke for her lunch and ate it happilly but when i was changing her bum i notticed she has these tinny like bruses in her right ear.
first thought was OMG that looks like menangitis so i stripped her down to check if she had it anywhere else but nothing :wacko: then as i looked more closely at it it looks like purple/ pink pen dots so i tried to rub gently with a baby wipe to see if it would come off but she was puling her head away and girning so im guessing it was hurting :(

its not got any worse or any better its just the same and she seems to be her normal self so its baffled me how its happend.

she only has in her cot her dummy and a musical caterpillar to go to sleep with so i know she cant have stuck anything in her ear, and Adele i know would have said if she hurt her wich i know she wouldnt. and i dont think if she stuck her dummy in her ear it would have bruised it like this?

The only thing that has been different about her is her pooh's but shes been drinking alot of water recently.

im just wondering if any of your LO have brused their ears?
i know this prob doesnt make sence so when she gets up i will try take a pic of it so yous can see how bad it looks :cry: dont knwo wether to take her to the doctors tomorrow or not as its not changed or anything

xxx

just take her to the docs if your worried , theres no point in asking for advice on something that could potentially be a danger for your child

First Time Daddy is right i would just take her to the docs
Sounds a very odd thing

hey hun, is it maybe a birthmark? strange i know but it cud be!! but docs 2mo 2 rule out anything :hugs:

i think it could be thats as it looks so much like a wine stain birth mark and seeing as its only in the one place and not got any bigger or worse i think thats what it is :dohh:#

taking her down to docs first thing in the morning but obvously if it gets any worse or changes will be a night in A&E i think

xxx

im going once ive dropped Adele off taking her to the pharmacy first cos i signed up for that new thing and if he says go to the doc he will give me a slip so i will be seen withought an appointment :headspin: its still the same though and shes fine so im not worried too much but i just want to know what it is if that makes sence

will let you know how i get on once i get back
xxx

just back

went down to speak to the pharmasist who advised me staight away to take her to the doctors.

i went in and asked if its possible for a doctor or a nurse to have a look at her as im really worried incase its meningitis (sp)

to her reply, we have no one available so you will need to wait till 4.30 (this was at 1pm) or make an appointment for tomorrow

i mean WTF didnt she understsnd i thought my baby might have meningitis, ok i didnt really but seeing a rash like that its the forst thing you think of right?

anyway i told her i wasnt moving untill my baby was seen by someone and she huffed at me :o and told me i could be waiting for 30 mins i said look i dont care i just need to know i will be seen and soon!!

so 45 mins came past and the doctor came out and called me into the room asked a few Q's has she had any jabs in teh last 4 weeks A no
is she well in herself A yes

well i think its a teething rash :dohh::dohh:

but if it gets any worse gives her pain or spreads anywhere else take her to wishaw general :dohh:

flipping heck!!!

she seems ok tbh fast asleep in her cot at the mo, but ive just found out a little boy whos big sis goes to nursery with Adele was rushed to wishaw general with suspected meningitis and is on 2 drips and are waiting for the results to come back to see if it is menengitis. so im glad i took her down and im praying it doesnt get any worse and it is infact just a teething rash

xxxx

Have you done the glass test on her ear?

That will tell for sure if its a teething rash or something more serious.

its inside her ear cat, as i tried to do it but because of where it is it was impossible to do, but when i put preassure onto it it wouldnt go away :wacko:

it looks like about 9 tiny bruses on teh inside of her ear but the doc is convinced its a teething rash :dohh: she doesnt seem to be in any pain at all and is babbling away and being happy shes just over tired cos she didnt get her nap this afternoon but going to keep a close eye on her to see if it changes or gets any worse :D

Is it posible for you to post a pic?

At least on the positive side she seems to be doing well otherwise. I wouldnt worry to much if she has a normal temp, is eating fine and seems happy.

will try take another pic when she gets up, tried to do it last night but she wouldnt sit still and the flash was to bright so you couldnt see it properly :dohh: will sneek up and see if shes laying ok lol

now summit weird happened 2 me 2day, i was tellin my mum bout it and noticed callum has 1 in his ear too!! but hes really no well!! ive checked his whole body and its fine is just tht 1 wee purple dot, he has had a temp which has been brought down with calpol, but hes still not himself :(

mmm I dont know what to suggest girls, I just hope your little ones are ok. Yvanne is callum teething too ? that can sometimes cause a high temperatre and he may also have a teething rash.

Weestar how do you sign up for that pharmacy thing ? sounds good becuase I never know wether to take her the docs or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->