Ear infection?

tinyme77

Reaction score
I think it is possible my LO has an ear infection - he keeps grabbing at one of his ears. Rang the surgery this morning but couldn't get an appointment until Wednesday unless it is "an emergency", which I didn't think it was at the time.

Was I right, or should I ring again tomorrow morning and insist on being seen?

Someone told me that grabbing ears is also a possible sign of teething...

Grabbing at the ears can be a number of things. One is an ear infection. Two is teething. They also could have just suddenly found there ears. Athena always plays with her ears now.

I know some other signs are slight fever not wanting to suck on things as it causes pressure in there ears and it really hurts. Rubbing there head against various things.

Athena doesn't get a fever with it but I know she has an ear infection when she refuses to lay flat. Rubs her head against anything when shes laying back shakes her head as if saying no a lot and refuses to suck from her bottle or gets really whiney with it. She also starts waking up in the night.

You probably should get checked out just in case but they now suggest just letting the ear infection ride out because 70% of the time they go away on there own and its better then medicated them every time and then them being resistant when they really need the antibiotics.

Sounds like teething. He's got all the symptoms of teething but this was a new one. We've also been reading how you shouldn't need to medicate a teething baby but our son keeps waking throughout the night and only Nelson's powder or calgel will get him back to sleep. We want to be sure that we are doing the right thing. We've also used calprofen and calpol because he was really struggling but it says so see the doctor before you give it to them too many times. He's only just 4 months so i'm anxious that we could be medicating him for months! Hopefully the pain will ease or we'll see some teeth. Thanks for your advice. I was worried that i was being neglectful by not taking him in. It is hard to know when you are being a fussy parent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"