• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

early bfp = multiples??

Ginag88

First Time Mommy WTT#2
Reaction score
I got a pretty clear bfp 7 days before my period is due. I was told by a co-worker that it means my hcg might be higher than normal which can indicate multiples. I know that is not professional advice, but is 7 days early really that early??

I got a strong BFP at 9dpo with my daughter, singleton, and with this pregnancy, twins. However, this pregnancy may not be viable. We will know more next week.

At the time of your BFP the hormones are easily the same for all pregnancy types.

Not in my experience. :)

I got my BFP at 9dpo and there is only one baby in there. Also, he is a boy so an early bfp/higher hcg doesn't always mean girl either like I have read on some sites.

Why not viable??

Because my ultrasound only showed two yolks but no fetal poles and no heartbeats. It may have been too early but this has happened to me before. The last time it happened my betas rose until 8 weeks then began to drop and the fetus never developed. This time I am hoping we are lucky enough to see heartbeats at my next ultrasound on Monday.

This has nothing to do with the early BFP though! I am 38 with a history of unsuccessful pregnancies.

This is my fourth, and I got my first BFPs on (DS1) 12DPO, (DS2) Extremely dark line at 9 DPO, (DD) negatives until 18DPO and an extremely faint line with this one at 9 DPO. All singletons. I don't know what makes the line come up sooner or later, but all of my babies are healthy. :shrug: I wouldn't read too much into it, just wait and see! :)

I had two early BFPs with my second son and this pregnancy about 6 days before AF was due -not sure if this one is twins but I'm thinking not lol we shall see!

i got a + on a digital at 8dpo with my son - and he was just one! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"