Early delivery - very scared

Peppa2

Reaction score
Hi everybody

After a very anxious pregnancy due to previous losses and bleeding at the start of this pregnancy, I have been told that they are going to deliver my baby early at 36+4 (c-section as he is breech) because of high blood pressure and diabetes. I am really scared. I never thought I would ever get to this stage of pregnancy and now I feel like the risks are not over! Can anybody offer any support to help me feel better please? My Dr was very blunt about the difficulties my baby may face with breathing etc at birth. I am feeling really sad and frightened.
Would be great to hear from anybody
Thank you xx

There is always risk. Luckily 36 weeks is pretty far along and they will be prepared for any complications. Trust they will care for you and baby and try to relax if you can.

I know it must feel really early but it's quite close to term! Baby might need a bit more help but because it's a planned section they'll have everything prepared to take care of him (and you!). I wish you all the best for the delivery and hopefully you'll have a happy and healthy baby with you soon :)

Everything will be ok! I had my son at 36 +3 and he did great, not even a moment in a NICU, strong lungs, came home the next day. Baby has great odds of being just fine so don't fret too much. (Easier said than done, I know.) Big hugs to you, good luck and keep us updated!

My nephew's girlfriend had her baby the day before yesterday 5 weeks early and he's fine. His breathing was a little shallow when born and they're keeping him in for a few days but he's going to be absolutely fine.

My friend had her little boy at 36+5 and he was born perfect, they didn't even keep them in x

Hi I had my son at 36+5 due to raised antibodies and I am due to have my daughter next week also at 36+5 for the same reason. My son was ok, had a little difficulty with breathing at first but that is common in c section babies. He did have to have phototherapy but that was due to the antibodies. Although I am really nervous about having my daughter next week I know my son was ok. Like others have said it is close to term and as it is planned you will have a great team there to support you. Good luck. x

I had my son at 36 and 3 days and he was fine. He was home after two days and is a healthy eight year old now :) he was a bit small at 5 pound 3 onces but he soon caught up

I was born earlier than that. They kept me for a few hours in the NICU for observation but I was totally fine and they sent me home.

Best wishes! All will be okay...that is still really far along. I'm 33 weeks and babies have a 99% chance of surviving at this stage, which means, 36+4 is still a lot better. You'll be okay :)

My baby came at 35w2d and she was perfectly healthy...no nicu or anything. They took her and made sure she could maintain her body temp, and since she could they brought her right back to me and she stayed with me. Good luck, hun.

Good luck Hun, you are very close to term and everyone will be there to look after you both.

If it helps, I was born at 35 weeks with little to no complications and was home within the week and that was back in 1992 so I'm sure they're much more prepared these days. Aside from that, 36 weeks is really close to term, like others have said!
Good luck!

My niece was born by c-section at 36 weeks and the hospital weren't even concerned she was treated like a typical full term baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->