Early labour test.... Positive

Elljo3

Expecting #4
Reaction score
I'm 25 weeks and been having what I thought was braxton hicks and extreme pressure. The hoe have admitted me and did a swab to check for pre term labour, it came back positive but they haven't said anything else. Like what does that even mean? Will I give birth early? Has anyone had an experience with this please xx

That must be very scary for you! I haven't had any experience with this but I hope they are able to stop your labor.

Praying everything is OK and you get some answers soon hun :hugs:

I didn't have a swab done with my 1st DD who was born at 27w because I was dilated & having contractions. I also went in for what the ER told me was BH but they ended up being very wrong. I was alreafy 3cm dilated by the time I was transfered to another hospital with a better NICU which was 30 minutes away.

Have they checked your cervix yet after the swab? From what I understand about the swab it detects a protein that is only secreted in vaginal fluids if you're at risk for early labor.

Last edited:
Well I am finally home again. After being blue lighted to Liverpool hospital because he would have been too small. They scanned my cervix and it wasn't dialing so that's great. I have a irritable uterus as well as SPD which everytime I walk too much I start getting contractions so really just need to rest as much as possible. Xx

I'm glad you're home again. What a scary experience :hugs: Praying for baby to stay put for longer <3

Well I am finally home again. After being blue lighted to Liverpool hospital because he would have been too small. They scanned my cervix and it wasn't dialing so that's great. I have a irritable uterus as well as SPD which everytime I walk too much I start getting contractions so really just need to rest as much as possible. Xx
I'm so happy to hear that you didn't go into early labor! Make sure you get plenty of rest. Try and explain to your family members your situation so they can help out.

I had an irritable uterus / cervix & SPD in all 3 pregnancies so far. I honestly believe it was the reason my 2nd born came early after a tear in the sac, had to be induced at 34w after a week & a half in the hospital (was horrible). I was on progesterone shots weekly for that pregnancy and my 3rd pregnancy, it really helped me not to go into preterm labor.

Can I ask a question, are you short in height? I am 5 feet, 2 inches. I'm curious if height can be a reason for irritable uterus / cervix & SPD.

So glad to hear! Hope you have some support and are able to get plenty of rest!

I had the swab with both my boys at 30 weeks, which were both positive, I also had continuous contractions up until I had them... which was 40 and 40+3 both by induction! It doesn't also mean you will have the baby early

I'm doing good with not getting contractions but I now have a chest infection. Seems to be one thing after another. Thank you all. Xx

I'm glad the contractions have stopped. Sorry to hear about the chest infection though :( I hope you have a speedy recovery :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->