• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Early Labour

beccaknapp

Reaction score
So I guessed something was happening yesterday, but didn't quite believe it could be the start of labour!

Woke up this morning at 4.15am with contractions about every 8 minutes; rang hospital at 5.00am and went in at 7.00am. Contractions about 4 mins apart at this point; baby is happy - the midwife monitored her for a bit, and checked her size and was happy. I'm somewhere between 2 and 3 cm dilated and need the contractions to carry on!!

They've sent us home pending an event!! My waters still haven't gone, but have had a show/lost my plug, but the contractions have slowed down to 1 in 8 minutes. Anyone have any ideas how I can speed these up again - I really don't want them to stop, and want to meet my little girl sooner rather than later!!!

Also if they stop, is there any indication when labour may happen, or could I still sit at 2 - 3cm for the next four weeks and end up being induced? (am 38 weeks currently!)?

So am excited, but terrified!!!!

get walking around- gravity will help you and it'll put more pressure on your cervix- have you a birthing ball? If so start bouncing on it.

You're so lucky, you'll hopefully going to meet your little girl soon (mine started to make an appearance but has decided that hse's happier where she is!)
D
x

maybe go for a nice long walk, hope your LO decides to come out sooner rather than later xxx

Kepp on ur feet as much as u can, my contractions with my last 1 were every 7 mins and i got to 7cm in 12 hours and that was just walking round delvery suite.

Hope you LO is here soooooooooon.

V x x

Oh sweetie, how exciting. Only 1 more cm and your in "established" labour:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

As the others have said....get walking. Don't worry about your waters, with all of my births my waters haven't broken until the very end but everyone's different.

Good luck, be sure to update:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Stay as active as you can, try not to lie down to much. Go for a walk, do some cleaning or anything that will keep you active. Good luck xx

Good Luck!!! :happydance:

Like others have said keep active bounce on a ball or walk LOADS!!!

Good luck hun. Get bouncing on your birthing ball and walking round lots. Hope this is it for you! I'm not jealous at all - honest!!:hug:

Good luck! Get walking lots...

Still cant believe your hospitals make you wait until you are 2 weeks past due date to induce.

Keep walking/bouncing as much as possible hun. Good luck! Hope things happen soon for you!
xx

anything further to report????:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"