Early miscarriage or normal? Input soo appreciated.

Katie Potatie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I'm so sad and scared and anyone's input would be so greatly appreciated. I got a positive pregnancy test today at 18dpo (4 days late). But this line seems way too faint. (I hope the pic attached properly).

But what I'm truly scared about is soon after I took the test, within the course of a few minutes, I started getting tan, then brown stringy, then pink ewcm-consistency discharge. That paired with AF cramps and backache.

My question is, has anyone experienced this but is still pregnant? Or has anyone experienced this in the past which ended in m/c? Truly, any input is appreciated whether positive or negative. I can't get into the doctor until tomorrow so I'm stuck in limbo land today!!

BIG THANKS in advance!

Hopefully this pic loads....

Attachments

• Preg test.jpg
    Preg test.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 52
Hi Katie,

First I want to say sorry you are going through this, I know the feeling all too well. Unfortuantly , I am unable to see the pic you posted so I cant comment on that, but from what you described..this is the advice I can give you. If your bleeding starts getting progressively heavy/darker- this may be a sign you are experiencing a chemical pregnancy. This has happened to me many times. If the bleeding is just the brown spotting, and it goes away...this could mean it was just implantation bleeding. Really, the only thing you can do at this point is wait and see what happens down there. Take another test tomorrow morning, if the line seems darker than the one you took today, I would take that as a good sign. Set up an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible and have them run HCG/Progesterone levels on you. Make sure you document everything!!

I hope this helped. Wishing you the best of luck, please let me know how it goes

I just saw the pic you posted and believe me that is NOT a faint line. I have used that same pregnancy test with my son, and my lines all looked like that...so taht is a great sign. Keeping my fingers crossed that your spotting was just Implanation bleeding! My OB once told me that spotting here and there is very very common in pregnancy, and usually not a cause of concern. good luck!

Siloet,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply with such a thorough response! I will certainly monitor it today and if it discontinues I will test tomorrow. Thank you again!

Sorry your hoinh through this, but I had exactly the same 3 days after I did the test, I think its just implantation.. because DS is growing perfectly :)

I had bleeding around the time of AF and it was just implantation. My test didn't get that dark. The day I had my HCG drawn I did a test and it looked similar and my HCG was 135.

However on the flip side. With my miscarriage I didn't get a positive till 16dpo and it was INCREDIBLY faint on a FRER and I started bleeding hours after (started brown discharge, then got the worst cramps of my life and then turned bright red in a few hours with clots)

Don't count yourself out yet! Got everything crossed for you

I don't think it's a start of a miscarriage for you because a lot of woman get spotting/bleeding in early pregnancy, I've had it all the way up to 11 weeks and I've had 3 scans what show a perfectly healthy baby. In some cases it does turn out to be a miscarriage but not always, I don't think that line is faint either. Good luck to you :hugs:

Thank you again ladies for sharing your stories. Made me get teary...because I was thinking nobody would respond. I appreciate your time and words.

Btw, My test was probably dry by the time I had stopped being a driveling, sloppy mess enough to take a pic and post it! Within the 3 minute timeframe it was barely visible. This is probably an hour after the test. :(

I sure hope the spotting/discharge is normal, but I also know it can go the other way. Just feels so much like period stuff. No red yet, but I think all my crying and moaning and swearing scared my uterus into giving everything a rest for a while, until I pulled myself together! I will update the end result. Thank you again! <3

Your FRER looks nice and dark! I had a little bit of brown spotting for 2 days after I got my BFP and I think it was just implantation bleeding. Like others have said just monitor it but I think you're fine. Congratulations!!

babyfeva, Can you remind me what DPO you were when you took your test? Btw, love seeing your little preggy ticker. :)

That's a beautiful line hun no need to worry congrats happy n healthy 9 month to u xxx

I was 10dpo when I took my first test. Noticed spotting at 11 and 12 dpo. Talked with nurse practioner and she said is pretty normal during first trimester. Hope you get some re-assurance when you see your doctor. Request a hcg test. I had my first one done on 1/29 at 3 weeks 6 days and it was 73. NP worried me saying that the # concerned her which of course freaked me out yesterday. She was able to pull up my results for the second hcg test that was taken on 1/31 and it rose to 202. So, point of my story is to not give up hope. Pregnancy can be stressful and it's normal as mothers for us to worry all the time. :)

Hi Katie, I am in a similar situation to you, I got my BFP the other day and then started spotting at 13DPO - just brown cm when I wiped & I havent had anymore today (touch wood) - here are my tests up until today 14DPO - you can see they aren't much darker than yours.

Definitely take another test tomorrow - I am sure it will be darker & please keep us updated.

Good luck xxx

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 17
Kitty that's a beautiful progression! I see a nice, sticky bean for you. :). Thanks for sharing!

Well, the spotting stopped after this morning's episode, and to share way too much info, I douched just get rid of whatever may have been in there after I took the tampon out...and I got a glob of bright red and tan-colored slimy stuff in the potty. Where you go, "What in the world is THAT??" I know, super gross!

Anyway, since then I haven't had anything except cramps/backache, but I will be calling my doctor tomorrow to schedule an appt and get some bloodwork done or whatever they do. I will continue to update this post on the outcome because I have been finding so much info from googling my symptoms, and it often takes me to old threads on this site. I hope my situation can be of help to someone down the road, as I've found it to be on other people's threads.

Thank you again ladies! <3

Just want to add myself to the "this happened to me" group. I had brown gooey discharge maybe two days post BFP. Was calling all my mommy friends In a Panic and most had same thing. Went 2 weeks ago for u/s and saw a hb! Have another one Tom, so I hope all ok again but call ur doc and keep taking hpts to determine if color becomes lighter or darker everyday. Lighter could indicate cp. fx for u! Try not to stress . Easier said then done, I know.

Thank you Anya! And what a wonderful outcome for your little raspberry! :) thanks for sharing!

Wishing everyone the best! And how come you ladies can afford all these bloody tests hahaha ;P <3

Lol Baby! I can't speak for the other ladies, but we have good insurance through my husband's work, so that's how! :)

Just to update, this morning the bleeding started in full force. I read a very interesting scientific report yesterday that showed bleeding can indeed be normal in early pregnancy. But in their case study, the women who started bleeding, then stopped, then started again were more likely to have miscarriages. The women who bled consistently, and then it stopped, went on to have healthy pregnancies.
Of course, this is just one case study, but it certainly was true for me.

Wishing all you ladies the very best in your pregnancies and those of you who are still TTC! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->