Early morning waking! How do I get her to sleep a few more hours?

MillieMoo

Mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
My lo is very good and has her little routine going on which is great but for some reason she wakes at around 5.30am every morning for no apparent reason. We give her a dream feed at 10pm before we go to bed and then she wakes again at 2.30am for her next feed. Then she seems to wake around 5.30am but doesn't want feeding as we've tried it. I just get her out her Moses basket and cuddle her back to sleep and put her back down again and then she'll either go back to sleep for an hour or so or just keep waking up every 15 mins til about 7 when she wants feeding again.

Any ideas why she would wake at this time almost everyday? Any ideas how to stop her from doing it and push her closer to 7am?

mmm not sure, we extended dannys "going to bed" time to about 2am (me and OH are both night owls) until he slept til about 9am, and then gradually brought the "going to bed" time forward as found it easier than trying to lengthen the sleeping in the morning when i was still knackered and grouchy! now start bedtime routine, bath etc at 10pm, got him in bed by 11pm, sometimes if he's stirring i'll dreamfeed him at 1am when i go to bed and he'll either sleep til 4ish or as long as 6am wake for feed then go back to sleep until 9ish then demand to be up and doing things..

When hubby goes to work at 6am I just put her in bed with me and she will sleep until 9am. If she was in the Moses basket she would defo wake up earlier x x

When hubby goes to work at 6am I just put her in bed with me and she will sleep until 9am. If she was in the Moses basket she would defo wake up earlier x x

i do the exact same thing i know ill regret doing it because she will get so used ot it but i love it..great cuddling up to her in the morning! :)

I do this too. My LO is in his own room and wakes anytime between 5 and 6 every morning. I bring him in bed with me and he falls back asleep straight away. We get another 2 hours, sometimes longer in bed before we get up or the day.

Co-sleeping is t for everyone but I love our morning cuddles!

^^ Me too, Louis always comes in with me early morning, he was in our bed at 5am today (OH goes in spare rm at that point lol) and slept until 8am, he wouldn't do that in his cot the wee monkey :haha:

Thanks ladies! I did bring her in with us a few times and she went to sleep but wasn't sure if I wanted to get into that but I did really enjoy having cuddles with her so maybe I'll try that again!

My LO wakes at 4.30 for no reason, she has a rocking Moses basket stand so I just rock it for a few minutes without letting her see me, she drifts back off then until about 7.30 x

Thanks ladies! I did bring her in with us a few times and she went to sleep but wasn't sure if I wanted to get into that but I did really enjoy having cuddles with her so maybe I'll try that again!

I know what you mean, co-sleeping was never something I set out to do but it's honestly kept me sane as I wouldn't have got any sleep otherwise, Louis' only recently started going in his cot, we had months when he wouldn't go near it without screaming :wacko: Whatever gets you some more sleep, I say do it! (if you're comfortable with it) :flower: x

I think my lo would like a rocking Moses basket as she likes her rocking chair!

I know what you mean, co-sleeping was never something I set out to do but it's honestly kept me sane as I wouldn't have got any sleep otherwise, Louis' only recently started going in his cot, we had months when he wouldn't go near it without screaming :wacko: Whatever gets you some more sleep, I say do it! (if you're comfortable with it) :flower: x

Yeah I don't really know how to do co-sleeping properly but I just prop her up with her head on the pillow between myself and my husband. I don't relax though when she's there so I just need to learn how to sleep at the same time! Ha ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"