Early scan dating

A

AndreZZ

Hi Ladies,
I went in for my viability scan today and I should have been about 7w 1d/7w 2d, and baby measured at 6w 5d. So that puts me 3-4 days behind.
I know when I ovulated based on a positive opk.
Should I be concerned? Could the baby have implanted late? My hcg levels did initially take a while to climb (that's why I'm thinking late implantation).
The hb was 130 which was reassuring but I'm worried that I'm measuring 3-4 days behind.

Can anyone give me some positive stories/reassurance?

Hun a pos opk only means surge..it can up to 48hrs for egg release and then if course implantation csn vary widely !!

And early scans are also not perfect for dates....

I measured small then baby caught up....

Do u kno crown to rump lenght ??

Hun a pos opk only means surge..it can up to 48hrs for egg release and then if course implantation csn vary widely !!

And early scans are also not perfect for dates....

I measured small then baby caught up....

Do u kno crown to rump lenght ??

No shoot I forgot to ask...I see my doctor on Thursday so I will ask him what he thinks.
I know only time will tell but I'm really hoping (of course) that everything is ok.

Im certain all is jus fine..
Heattbeat sounds just perfect so a couple days out to me isnt a worry but i totally understand ur worries xx

Thank you hopefully the doctor can give me some piece of mind.
Im really leaning on late implantation due to the initial slow hcg levels.
I am calculating my dates based on ovulating 48 hrs after positive opk which should put me at 7w 1d.
I just want to get past the first trimester, so many worries.

3-4 days behind or ahead is absolutely nothing to worry about at all. That falls under natural variation :), from ovulation, implantation, the person doing the measuring and natural differences in the size of babies.

I thought I was 7+3 and I measured 7+1. I was never wrong with my dates I also used opks and my other 2 kids were always spot on. Dr just said its margin of error and it doesn't matter. Don't worry xx

Thank for all the responses. I don't know why...maybe pregnancy hormones, but I'm feeling really down about the ultrasound yesterday. I see my doctor on Thursday, I wish it could be sooner.
I'm feeling a little less bloated today and not having nearly as much creamy cm as I was which were 2 main symptoms up until now.
I'm so scared I just want everything to be ok.

That sounds completely normal to me! :) Congrats on your little baby and seeing the heart beat! A few days off is nothing! Once you see the heart beat on an ultrasound, the risk of miscarriage drops significantly! CONGRATS! Get happy! :happydance:

Sophie was several days behind and I had 2 early scans around 6-7 weeks along, her heart rate was also slow for dates AND it took ages to get positives tests. She's gonna be 3 soon, healthy and robust child!

Sophie was several days behind and I had 2 early scans around 6-7 weeks along, her heart rate was also slow for dates AND it took ages to get positives tests. She's gonna be 3 soon, healthy and robust child!

Thank you that is reassuring...it's so hard not to worry over every little thing in the first trimester I find!

1280px-Crown-rump_length_by_gestational_age.png

You mustn't worry about the slight discrepancy in dates. :flower: I am posting this little chart from the Wikipedia page on gestational age which shows different ways of extrapolating where you are in your pregnancy. The first trimester ultrasound CRL measurements have a +/- 8% variability which accounts for about 4 days either way from the date they gave you. Doctors just need a single number to fill out their forms because they can't rely on every woman's memory of when she last menstruated or how long that particular cycle would probably have been. The green band in the chart is the range of where most people fall and yet the date they give you is just the centerline. So almost no one hits the exact date - and see how fuzzy and uncertain it is around 7 weeks? (My doctor didn't even tell me my gestational age...she just said it was "fine.") If it is any consolation, you can also find lots of stories on this forum about babies measuring behind one week and catching up in others. The important thing to celebrate is the little heart that you now know is beating!:happydance:

1280px-Crown-rump_length_by_gestational_age.png

You mustn't worry about the slight discrepancy in dates. :flower: I am posting this little chart from the Wikipedia page on gestational age which shows different ways of extrapolating where you are in your pregnancy. The first trimester ultrasound CRL measurements have a +/- 8% variability which accounts for about 4 days either way from the date they gave you. Doctors just need a single number to fill out their forms because they can't rely on every woman's memory of when she last menstruated or how long that particular cycle would probably have been. The green band in the chart is the range of where most people fall and yet the date they give you is just the centerline. So almost no one hits the exact date - and see how fuzzy and uncertain it is around 7 weeks? (My doctor didn't even tell me my gestational age...she just said it was "fine.") If it is any consolation, you can also find lots of stories on this forum about babies measuring behind one week and catching up in others. The important thing to celebrate is the little heart that you now know is beating!:happydance:

Wow thank you so much I really appreciate you taking the time to write that and post that chart. This makes me feel much more relieved thank you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->