early scan nerves

lintu

TTC a playmate for DD
Reaction score
:hi: ladies,

Thanx for taking the time to read, a little bit of background.

After 12 mths TTC I got my first :bfp: in december we were over the moon :happydance: but i was so tired, I would wake up tired, have to have a sleep at lunch time come in from work eat and then go to bed, all i did was sleep. That was my only symptom, I kept telling myself that tiredness was normal, but how could thid be normal :shrug: I was like a ghost all i wanted to do was sleep, then at just over 7 weeks I had some pain I paniced and rang the dr who sent me to the EPU for an early scan to check everything was ok.

We went for the scan and found a gestational sac, bang on for where I was but only a fetal pole measuring 2.5mm with no HB I was crushed, we were told to go back in a week to see if there had been any change, I took the week off work as i couldnt really function and i thought the time would go quicker, we went back in a week and nothing had changed, I was booked in for a ERPC the following monday, that was January 31st. Loads happened after that with my DH's family, that i wont go into but needless to say we still dont talk to them.

anyway 2 cycles later and i find myself with a new :bfp: and terrified, I have an early scan booked for next Friday, I will be 8 weeks. I just dont know how im going to get through this week, iv stopped everything, running, zumba, everything that if anything went wrong I could blame, i drove myself crazy last time going through everything that i had done aroun 6 weeks, so this time there will be nothing that i could pinpoint.

This time im very different, I have a lot more energy although by 10 im ready for my bed, my sickness has been awfull and iv had room spin from very early on, nothing like before, im hoping this is a good sign.

I am trying so hard to stay positive, but im so scared that im going to get to my scan on friday and there will be nothing there.

hi hun i had a mc at 6 weeks before ds and drove myself mad trying to find out what i did but the truth is it just happens even taking to the bed for 12 weeks. very high percentage of 1st pregnacies end in mc but a lot dont even know. try not to worry i had an eatly scan with ds in view of mc and all was good ten had a 10 pound boy

aww hun i understand ul be so worried and hoping everythings ok, i hope ur scan goes well and u see wee bubbs in there and strong hb x

Hi hun

It sounds like you've had quite a rollercoaster so far and no one could blame you for feeling anxious about the scan... it's such a time of mixed emotions - excitement, apprehension, nervousness, just plain terrifying!!

I know there isn't much that will reassure you until you see your little bean with a heartbeat, but from what you've said things sound really positive with your symptoms etc.

I know exactly how you feel, I had an early mc at 4-5 weeks in March after trying for almost 12 months then, after only BD'ing twice during the whole month, fell pregnant again straight away without having a period in between... it was amazing but I was terrified... I carried on testing for 2 weeks just to make sure it was still there! I've had 2 early scans at 6 and 9 weeks and thankfully both were fine and I have the dating scan next week.

From what I've read there are so many women who go on to have healthy pregnancies soon after a miscarriage and I'm sure you're scan will be fine. In the meantime, try to relax (easier said than done I know!) have lots of 'me time' - understandably you might not want to do too much exercise but just going for a walk in the fresh air is good.

Anway I'll stop rambling... best of luck for next week, we're all here for you if you need us! Let us know how you get on xxx

I hope all wil be good for u, it is very nerve racking but everything happens for a reason, stay positive I am trying too to xx

you will be fine. I had an mmc diagnosed at my 12 week scan 18 months ago so I was so worked up going for a scan at 7 weeks this time. you need to remember that mmc is very uncommon, yes you hear about it a lot on here but that's because this is a place that people turn to when they don't know where else to go for advice. I wasn't sick at all last time, I had backache and massive sore boobs but no sickness. this time I have been nauseous and was physically sick one morning. I went to empty my bladder at my scan this time and the nurse was talking to my df whilst I wasn't there. she asked him how I'd been and when he said I'd been sick the day before, she said 'ooo that's a great sign' and sure enough she was right. just trust it will all be ok. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->