early scan - no heartbeat or fetal pole

jalicek11

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I had an early scan today, at 5weeks and 4 days along, there was a gestational sack and yolk sack but no fetal pole or fetus or heartbeat visible. The nurse said they would expect to see more at this stage but could also be normal. I have to go back in two weeks. Anyone else experienced this and gone back and everything was fine?

also this was with an ultrasound and an internal scan.

My doctor doesn't expect to see a heartbeat until at least 6 weeks and even then it's only a chance. By 7 weeks you should easily see a heartbeat it also depends if you may be off a day or two of your days. Plus one or two days makes a LOT of difference this early on in the pregnancy. Please do not worry. Just wait until your next scan and I am sure everything will be great.

I had the same at 5 wks rescan at 7 and all was fine. Another scan today at 11 weeks and still fine.

Its just too early I reckon

My doctor won't even do a scan until 8 weeks. I'm sure it's just a bit too early. Try not to worry and I hope these next 2 weeks go by quickly and all is well. :hugs:

Thanks everyone, its just scary! Im trying not to be negative but my brain tries to jump to bad conclusions. Its nice to hear similar scenarios though.

Hoping all is well!!! My DR wouldnt do a scan until I made it to 8 weeks as well. 5 weeks is really early. When you go back, Im sure you will have positive news to share:happydance::cloud9::hugs:

That is still super early, try and relax Hun it's perfectly normal so early in the pregnancy.

Best of luck :hugs:

Thanks everyone, its just scary! Im trying not to be negative but my brain tries to jump to bad conclusions. Its nice to hear similar scenarios though.

I had a scan just under 5 weeks and saw just a sac but I know thats to be expected. In the mean time my levels are rising nicely being at 2350 and then back again tonight.

then after 6 weeks ill have two more scans.

it's still very early days so try not to worry. I freaked out at my scan as I thought I was 6 weeks. I was infact 4weeks 5 days with rising levels.

Im sure your next scan you will see something! X

my doctor wouldnt give me a scan that early because they told me Baby would be too small to see or hear anything so they told me to come back at 8 weeks pregnant and because im such a small girl (5 foot 2 inches and 123 pounds) they should be able to find a heartbeat at that time. this will be my first scan this upcoming wednesday.

but yea i do hear of people hearing the heartbeat as early as 5 weeks but because my doctor told me not to get the scan and pictures of baby until later it just reassures me and hopefully reassures you that its probably going to be there and easy to find later

Thanks everyone, ps has anyone has anyone else bled from a internal scan before?

I had a scan when I thought I was 5+6 (I'd had back pain they wanted to check it wasn't ectopic), and they only saw a sac and yolk sac, and said the sack was measuring 5+1. That was an internal scan too.

Then a few weeks later, I had a little bleed, and I got another scan, still showing me further behind than I thought I was, but a baby and a heartbeat.

Then I had my 12 week scan today, and everything was fine, and they moved me back forward to exactly where I thought I should be, 13+2!

I know it's really, really hard, but try not to read too much into it! Hopefully it'll be good news for you in a few weeks xx

I hate worrying so much! But im really excited too, before being pregnant I thought it would be easy because of how much I wanted to be it, well I was wrong there haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"