Early scan showing only gestational sac worried

Awesome so u got to see the baby finally??

I did it just looked like a little bean right now though but at least I know for now my baby is ok. Thanks for all of the kind words and support from all of you.

i as also scanned Monday

Last menstruals started Dec 24 2014

I had HCG of 10,000.

Only a Yolk sac too..... no pole no heartbeat....

I would Say Maybe you are just a tad bit early.
I truly hope all goes well . fingers and toes crossed that next scan you see little one :)

I go for bloodwork and another scan today...
but I don't feel pregnant at all... pretty sure I already Know what's happening with me.

But I have HOPE for you because it's early !!!

Ethan- I also went Monday for another scan and we seen my little bean with a strong heartbeat. But on Friday my hcg level was 13000 so by Monday it should've been around 20000. Just give it time every baby grows different Fx for you dear!

MY Dates nd Scan size putting me at 6+ weeks...
but DR and Internal Scan found NOTHING but sac...

I have ben reading internet ...
this is what I found..

Fetal Heart Beat
Using endovaginal scanning, fetal cardiac activity is often seen even before a fetal cell mass can be identified. The fetal cardiac muscle begins its' rhythmic contractions, and that rhythmic motion can be seen along the edge of the yolk sac. Initially, the fetal cardiac motion has a slower rate (60-90 BPM), but cardiac rate increases as the fetus develops further. Thus, for these early pregnancies, the actual cardiac rate is less important that its presence or absence.

Sometimes, with normal pregnancies, the fetal heartbeat is not visible until a fetal pole of up to 4 mm in length is seen. Failure to identify fetal cardiac activity in a fetus whose overall length is greater than 4 mm is an ominous sign.

It can sometimes be difficult identifying a fetal heartbeat from the background movement and maternal pulsations. You may find it useful in these cases to scan with one hand while taking the maternal pulse with the other. This makes it easier to identify sonographic movements that are dyssynchronous with the maternal pulse.

Fetal Pole
A mass of fetal cells, separate from the yolk sac, first becomes apparent on transvaginal ultrasound just after the 6th week of gestation. This mass of cells is known as the fetal pole. It is the fetus in its somite stage. Usually you can identify rhythmic fetal cardiac movement within the fetal pole, although it may need to grow several mm before this is apparent.

The fetal pole grows at a rate of about 1 mm a day, starting at the 6th week of gestational age. Thus, a simple way to "date" an early pregnancy is to add the length of the fetus (in mm) to 6 weeks. Using this method, a fetal pole measuring 5 mm would have a gestational age of 6 weeks and 5 days.

Yes my lmp is also Dec 24th. When I went in for my scan on 2/4 I should have been 6 weeks 1 day but was only measuring 5 weeks 6 days with an empty sac and my hcg level was 9000. Had my hcg level recheck on 2/6 and it was 13000 so not doubling every 48 hours but I read once you hit 6 weeks it only double once every 96 hours so normal. Went in on Monday 2/9 and there was my little bean with a strong heartbeat. I was having transvaginal ultrasounds before but Monday they waited until my bladder was full and did an abdominal ultrasound and seen my little one. It literally looked like a little white bean on the ultrasound. Oh and I was also only measuring 6 weeks and 2 days Monday crazy huh but they told me not to worry this early you have to give or take a few days bc the baby is still so tiny it's hard to get exact measurements.

Had another ultrasound today The baby is measuring 6 weeks 2 days so only 4 days behind which they said could be because my uterus is tilted towards the back and they said the heartbeat looked great for the baby's size. :)

Congrats on finding the heartbeat! how wonderful.
praying for an easy healthy pregnancy for you

Well ladies I am in complete shock we now know why my numbers were so high with nothing but a gestational sac. We found out today we are having twins! :happydance:

Attachments

• 20150212_174634-1.jpg
    20150212_174634-1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20150212_174641-1.jpg
    20150212_174641-1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 22
Wow, crazy!! Huge congratulations!! :happydance:
happy and healthy 9 months!! :flower:

Thanks ladies! We are kinda in shock as they also told us they possibly see another sac behind the twins so there is a possibility of triplets. We go back next Wednesday for another scan so hopefully we will know more then.

Hi! Wow that's amazing, congrats!!!! We had chatted on TTC threads.... I went to auburn :)
Anyhow, wanted to say congrats and am following ,

Thanks ladies I'm just praying for the best that's all we can do at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->