Early Scan Tomorrow at 5 Weeks + 3 Days, 5 Losses Since 2012 UPDATE Sadly lost my lo.

Oasis717

Reaction score
I'm 43 and we have had 5 losses since 2012, we were so lucky to have our beautiful rainbow son in Oct 2013, since then I've had two early losses ending before 5 weeks so understandably we've been worried about this pregnancy particularly as the progression on my hpt's has just stopped, not got lighter but not got darker and with my boys I had v strong symptoms whereas I have few. I know we won't see v much on the scan but they should call me back hopefully in a week or two, my doctor refused to refer me for an early scan so I rang the Early Pregnancy Unit myself and they said after 5 losses they are happy to see me xx

You might should switch docs, can't believe he refused
some doc a straight aholes

Good Luck, I have a scan tomorrow too at the EPU mine 9.30am so up extra early xx

Thanks babifever! Would you believe I've just changed docs cause my last was so unsympathetic to my losses! I can't believe but he wouldn't even give me a blood test to check hcg and program just said no point if its going to end that won't stop it, def, major a hole:( xxx

Thank you teal:) xxx and laura thankyou, mine is 10.10 and 4 buses away! Good luck to you too let me know how you get on xxxx

Thanks babifever! Would you believe I've just changed docs cause my last was so unsympathetic to my losses! I can't believe but he wouldn't even give me a blood test to check hcg and program just said no point if its going to end that won't stop it, def, major a hole:( xxx

I had to deal with a jerk myself at the beginning

Not sure if its good or bad really, she said before she scanned me not to expect much as its so early, I told her I asked for one in 2 weeks time but she said oh well you're here now! Anyway, she said my lining was lovely and thick and showed me the smallest little dot with white edges which is the sac, she said all was fine for 5 weeks and the next scan is all important (I know cause I was 7weeks 3 days and we saw my son and the HB) will be 7 weeks and 3 days then, been looking at scan images and I'm sure the sac should be bigger, ah well nothing to do now but wait! Xxxx

Attachments

• IMG_20150204_115732.jpg
    IMG_20150204_115732.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 49
Good news oasis, try not to compare too much!

Do you have any symptoms? I'm 5 weeks and don't really, I have an early scan when I'm 6-7 weeks x

Hi princess no nothing just on/off sore boobs! Xxx

Not sure if its good or bad really, she said before she scanned me not to expect much as its so early, I told her I asked for one in 2 weeks time but she said oh well you're here now! Anyway, she said my lining was lovely and thick and showed me the smallest little dot with white edges which is the sac, she said all was fine for 5 weeks and the next scan is all important (I know cause I was 7weeks 3 days and we saw my son and the HB) will be 7 weeks and 3 days then, been looking at scan images and I'm sure the sac should be bigger, ah well nothing to do now but wait! Xxxx

looks great, my doctor wouldn't date me until they seen the fetal pole.

Thank you:) I really shouldn't Google! My sac looks like a 4 week sac and apparently a yolk should be seen after 5 weeks:( I guess its gunna be a long two weeks! Xx

Thank you:) I really shouldn't Google! My sac looks like a 4 week sac and apparently a yolk should be seen after 5 weeks:( I guess its gunna be a long two weeks! Xx

It all depends on the machine, on the image quality, some pics you'll find on Google will be really zoomed in, making the sac look bigger, some won't be. So many women have had scans at 5 and 6 weeks and haven't seen anything but a sac, no yolk etc. Some people do. It's really early and luck of the draw! All looks fine to me and I'm sure the sonographer would have said it the sac was too small.

:hugs:

I think it looks great :)

When I went for my scan at 6+1, all there was was a gestational sac. Nothing else. Based on that alone, it was measuring 5+5. My hcg levels were over 18,000 and good ol' Dr. Google said anything over 10,000 should show gestational sac, yolk sac, fetal pole with a heartbeat.

10 days later the baby caught up and everything was fine.

In the early stages, it can really be anything. Other people have seen more than just a gestational sac at 5+5. Some even heartbeats. It's really hard not to compare your pregnancy with someone else's, but really, each baby is going to develop at his or her own pace.

The two weeks will probably be long, but hopefully you'll be able to distract yourself. From the time my issues started (5+4) until our last scan (7+4), it really was the hardest and longest 2 weeks of my life.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

I am in the same boat as you are. I have had 3 previous mc and went today for my early scan. I am measuring 5 weeks 6 days but she only seen a gestational sac no yolk sac like I assumed should be there already. She drew blood to get my hcg beta and I go back again Friday to see if it's doubling. Then back Monday for another scan, but I already feel like I know what is going to happen. Fx you get good news at your next scan.

Attachments

• IMG_20150204_180752.jpg
    IMG_20150204_180752.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 9
For me I went 3 times. 3 weeks in a row. First time gestational, second yolk sac, third time fetal pole. I'm measuring 6 weeks 5 days today. Yesterday was the 3rd scan. You might be about 4 weeks and some change. Watch, once baby makes its entrance they'll adjust the weeks. Right now their probably going by your lmp. Everything will be fine, best wishes luv.

I am in the same boat as you are. I have had 3 previous mc and went today for my early scan. I am measuring 5 weeks 6 days but she only seen a gestational sac no yolk sac like I assumed should be there already. She drew blood to get my hcg beta and I go back again Friday to see if it's doubling. Then back Monday for another scan, but I already feel like I know what is going to happen. Fx you get good news at your next scan.

I'm so sorry you are going through this too, I hope the other ladies have reassured you too, its so so hard after losses to be positive and not to think history will just repeat itself, but I keep telling myself every pregnancy is a fresh start and we have every chance, fingers crossed for us both, let me know how you get on? Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->