early scan?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Makeupdubai, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Makeupdubai

Makeupdubai Well-Known Member

is it possible to no ur pregnant at 2 or 3 weeks? like if ug et a positive on a preg tests right..but wot if ur only 2 weeks preg...how will the docor see it in an ultrasound? plz help

2. NewYearNewMe

NewYearNewMe Wife, mummy & pg#2 :)

As far as I know, Doctors do not do Ultrasound Scans to detect pregnancy at such an early stage. Some just take your word for it! and some do urine sample tests or blood tests.

The first scan is at around 12/13 weeks (In England) dependant on your history! maybe earlier if you have a history of early m/c's etc.

3. shalagirl

shalagirl Well-Known Member

Hi Makeupdubai - I don't think a scan shows much before 6 to 8 weeks, there is just nothing much there to see at that early stage. If ppl have had problem pregnancys or losses in the past they may get a scan at around 6 to 8 weeks other wise most first scans are at 12 weeks. The hospital will take a blood sample and know from hormone levels if ur pregnant in the first few weeks. Hope that is of some help.

4. kellyp

kellyp Member

hiya,

I just had a transvaginal scan last Thursday to check for ovarian cysts; told the scanner I thought I might be pg, but she did say that as AF was due last week it would be too early to see anything on the scan....