early scans

caz81

Reaction score
I really want to have an early scan as i lost my last baby at 6 weeks but the drs do not seem to want to know anything until my appointment with the midwife on 13th may, has anyone else had an early scan and if so how did you manage to get one? did you pay for it yourself or did the nhs? thank you :) xx

I know you shouldnt do this hun but ring epau at hospital and say youve not been feeling good having cramps etc see if they will scan you that way otherwise fight for a scan its what we pay for! :blush:
You can book private one you will just have to google private early scan for your area and should come up with list places xx

I really want to have an early scan as i lost my last baby at 6 weeks but the drs do not seem to want to know anything until my appointment with the midwife on 13th may, has anyone else had an early scan and if so how did you manage to get one? did you pay for it yourself or did the nhs? thank you :) xx

Aww, bless you :hugs:

At the moment and so early on there wouldn't be much to see, but around week seven/eight it's much better to get an image.....All you can do really is speak again with your GP and explain your fears and then if alll else fails go private, at least that way it may re-assure you a little

i think i will go and harass my doctors for an 8 week scan, the worst they can say is no! and then i might have to be a bit more cunning....! xx

I think I'm going to have to lol xx

hiya hun , well after 3 losses i can honestly say scans are given out very scarcely on the nhs , wit my 2nd preg i begged etc but until a problem arose they wouldnt touch me !! wit 3rd they had no choice cause i couldnt stand up in pain ! with this preg cause i was getting bad cramps an wit a history of eptopic i was scanned everyweek from 3-7weeks ! think alot of that was down to the lovely sonographers at the epu seeing hows scared i was !! ive also had 3 private scans which reassured me at 8+4,10+4 an 11+4 , if i had known about private scans wit my 3 other preg's i would deff have had um done , they cost 50 per 2 scans an worth every single penny !

I lost twins at 16wks, i live in a small rural village, my doc refered me for a scan the day after i went to get my pregnancy confirmed, also the nurses at the EPU scanned me every wk till i got to 10wks.
Think i was lucky as its a small village the doctor went out of his way.

Try seeing a different doctor or as said be cunning and say you have been having pains, i think its a disgrace that you are not sent along automatically for an early scan the reasurrance they give means a lot when you have problems in the past.

Good luck xx

to be honest you would probably be quicker paying private i know its not easy when you dont have money but couldnt you borrow/cut down on bills for one month?
you can google a private clinic that will do the scan for you and you will be best going for your scan 6+ weeks you will have a better picture of the baby and also sometimes if it is too early you may not be able to see the baby at all and this will just worry you more
obviously keep on at the doctor and i know its really really naughty but just ring the hospital when your 6-7 weeks and say you have some niggles in your stomach!
and with a history of miscarraige they will hardly turn you away x x
good luck :) x x keep us posted x x

Hi there i too lost a baby before and in this pregnancy they wouldnt give me an early scan in the end i was having bad cramps and they thought i was having an ectopic so am now being scanned every 2 weeks,but i felt the same as you and was starting to drive myself in sane with worry.If you have no luck then for your peace of mind i would say to get an early scan

It my local Early Pregnancy Unit at the hospital, i was told I could have a reassurance scan next time I got a BFP - I was just to give them a call as soon as I got another BFP, so they could book it for me for 8 weeks.

With this pregnancy I started spotting at 6 week and I hated knowing I'd have to wait for the 8 week scan - so i did exagerrate a bit, and the got me in the next day, on a Sunday too!

i am eventually having my scan tomorrow! after 3 lots of bleeding! i called up nhs 24(thats what it is in scotland, nhs direct in england and wales i think) and they refered me as it was my third lot of bleeding.

to be honest though i dont think they will see anything until you are at least 7 weeks, i am just 7 weeks and they said they might not be able to see anything yet. if you have a scan too early and they cant see anything it may just make you worry more.

I am sorry to hear you had a micarriage and i know how hard and stressful it is for me and i havent. but i think you are going to have to wait until you are at least 6 weeks! preferably longer. good luck x x x

hi im 5 weeks 5 days and am due to have a scan tomorrow ive had 3 eptopics the last one resulting in my left tube being removed the docs only giving me a scan tomorrow because ive been spotting for 4 days now im terrified it happening again all i can do is sit and wait and hope theres an angel watching over us

I'm sorry to hear that you lost a baby. If they won't get you in for a scan now, would they monitor your HCG levels to make sure that they are doubling every 48 hours? At least then you will have some reassurance that things are going normally until your scan? If they won't do that, than I would call and demand to see a doctor and talk to the doctor in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->