Early Stages of Labour (UPDATED)

Ravelyn

Reaction score
(Posted April 28th)
Well... just came back from OB/GYN appointment. Not in early stages of labour, just really consistant Braxton Hicks. Who would have thought :>
Now I have other issues... My feet are exceptionally swollen and if they get any worse, I will be put in the hospital on complete bed rest for 3 days. My last urine sample that was sent out ... blood was discovered in it, so now I have had tubes of blood taken and scheduled an abdominal ultrasound to determine if I might have kidney or gall bladder stones - oh yeah!!!
Also have to go for non-stress tests every Tuesday/Friday for the next 3 weeks because my blood pressure has gone from 120/80 (April 18), 110/80 (April 21) to 130/80 (April 28).
If it goes up anymore I will be admitted and induced.

The fun begins :( So much for an easy pregnancy :>

(Posted April 26th)
Well, I'm still around. Getting continuous tightenings in my uterus (same feeling as when you have an orgasm) and pressure in pelvic area and buttocks. No more signs of blood, but very light brown spotting on panty liner. Peanut is moving around still and even had a really good case of the hiccups.
Hemorroids have a mind of their own ... but are not itchy or bleeding. Just hanging out with the rest of my swollen body parts ... Rofl... Pee breaks are more continuous and some are even uncomfortable due to the pressure. Guess I'll find out more on Tuesday with pre-natal checkup.

(Posted April 25th)
I think I have begun the early stages of labour this evening.

I have mild menstral like cramps, LO is not moving so much and there is practically no room between my bump and my crotch. I have been slowly leaking amniotic fluid for a couple of days now (or it could be dried blood from my cervix). I am almost 100% sure I have been slowly losing my mucus plug as well, in little bits.

My legs are sore and my back is sore. Getting up is becoming harder and harder. Not to mention I have also had 3 bowel movments in the last 24 hours. Uterus has been contracting softly on/off all evening, and I have had indigestion as well. Nothing at this point that can be cause for alarm.

I just came back from the bathroom and there was a spot of blood on it. Not sure if it was a bloody show or from my inflamed hemorroids. Guess I'll find out next bathroom break :>

I'll keep everybody posted for as long as I can then DNA0930 will as she is my text buddy.

OOOOOOoooo exciting!!! :wohoo:

Good luck darling!!!!!!!

xxxx

good luck darling!!! hope this is it and everything goes well for you sending lots of love across the ocean xxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Good luck hun - go try eat, have a bath, relax as much as possible and hope bubs comes soon! xxx

I am also in the first stages of labour but just a waiting game at the minute.im 38 weeks tomorrow. I had bleeding on saturday morning at 10am following a doctors exam i was referred to the hospital due to the blood loss. I was 1 cm dilated baby is doing fine and over a 20 minute period i have a number of contractions but very mild to the point that i didnt actually notice them. what i thought was the baby was a contraction. Its now Monday and im still bleeding although not half as much. been told to wait for waters to break or a lot more pain. I cant quite call it a lot of pain its uncomfortable and it comes and goes. My belly has been hard for weeks so cant tell all the time when its contracting.

good luck x

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how you were doing ;)

Let us know how tomorrow goes ;)
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"