early u/s @ 6wks6days - baby size/heart rate?

Following up - I went for a second appointment today and baby measured 8+3 with a heartbeat of 167 bpm. :) Only one day off of my initial estimate!

Following up : Went in for another Ultrasound yesterday and baby measured to date (9w5d) and heart rate was 172 bpm :)

Precisely. I have heard so many times people being put back a fair bit but then on their later scans being put forward again. It's really silly I think to attempt to date a little one so tiny. The changes that happen even between a couple of weeks from 6 weeks is amazing. We had a scan at 5+6 with DS2, and we were lucky enough to have seen his hb then, but when we went back two weeks later instead of a tiny blob with a flicker, he actually looked like a mini human with tiny arms and legs, albeit a little stumpy looking but wriggling away lol and then of course by 12 weeks they are perfect little humans just tiny.
Really don't like most sonographers giving these 'precise' dates when they can be completely inaccurate, or they could be completely accurate but baby could have a growth spurt and catch up

I’m hoping this is the case with mine as I’m sure I was 6 weeks 3 days when I went for mine and they told me I was 5 weeks which is a massive difference even though they could see clear heartbeat which I would of thought would of been to soon at 5 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->