Early ultrasound fears

raine87

Reaction score
My first ultrasound is Feb 4th. I will be approximately 5 weeks and 3 days from conception. They were doing HCG levels but stopped once they saw it more than double in 48 hours, that has been about 10 days ago. I just have this underlying fear that they won't see anything when they do the ultrasound. I'm afraid they will tell me that I've had a missed miscarriage or that this was all just a dream. They have me on progesterone and extra folic acid. Anyone else having this fear?

Yesterday I went at 5 weeks and 6 days and all they saw was the gestational sac and the yolk sac. My nurse said not to worry since it's still so early but I know it's a 50/50 chance so you may go and see a baby on there! Just don't get too worried if you don't just yet.

Best of luck, and I hope you see your little bean :)

You most likely won't see anything at that point. That's why I've chosen to go when I'll be a little over 7 weeks for my dating scan.

I have only had my blood taken once, and not even checked that it was doubling. At least youve got that peace of mind that it's doubling :)

At what I'm guessing was around 5w4d, they did an abdominal scan on me and only saw a sac. I'm going back at 8w4d. I'm taking progesterone as well- my doc said it would help support a healthy pregnancy. They didn't take my blood or anything.

If you had hcg doubling, then you can at least rule out it just being a dream. :winkwink: I've heard of scans that early where the doc didn't find anything, but then three weeks later, ta-da! Baby and heartbeat. If there's just a sac, you've probably peeped in just a bit too early. There's a lot of rapid development between 5w and 8w. If you get to see more, then that's icing on the cake.

They probably won't be able to tell you much, but maybe you'll get a pretty picture to keep. Breathe easy and don't forget to share pics when you get back! :happydance:

It's natural to worry about early scans, quite often mamas don't 'feel' pregnant unless they're sick so it feels a bit unreal.

If you're going to be 5w 6d from conception, is that 7w 6d from your last period? If so and they do an internal scan, you might just see a little bean. I saw DS with a little heartbeat at 6w 4d based on LMP (4w 4d post ovulation)

Good luck hon x

I will be 5 weeks and 3 days from conception but 8 weeks and 1 day since last period. I ovulated almost 3 weeks into my cycle which has been pretty normal for me. That's the reason she wants to do the scan now is to get an accurate gestational date. She hasn't given me and estimated due date or anything at this point because she is wanting to see what the scan shows.

Oooh I see. Sorry, I misread your post. So exciting! Fx'd you get to see your little bean having a grand ol' time!

Based on that I think you should be able to see a baby and hopefully a heartbeat!

So if you got your bfp 12 dpo Jan 9th then Jan 11 is 14dpo which is dated 4 weeks. So today you would be 6 weeks and feb 4th you'll be 7w3d pregnant so you should be able to see a baby and heartbeat then. Which fits with 5w3d post conception since you add 2 weeks to conception age to get gestational age. Good luck!!

i just had an early ultrasound today. i'm 5 weeks and 6 days from LMP, but i'm technically only 5 weeks 1 day because i ovulated late...

we saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac :flower:

I had my first ultrasound at 6+6. We saw a blob with a heartbeat. Doc said it was about as early in the pregnancy as the machine could detect the emryo. At 7+3 you should be able to see a little bean with a pulsating heartbeat!

Dating scans in the uk are 10 to 14 weeks. You guys are scanned so early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->