Early ultrasound, hcg and unknown status. Very worried mummy!

Rhiaberry

Reaction score
So I when for a scan in the EPU due to pain in left ovary area. They did an internal, found a small cyst on left ovary, and what they think is a fybroid in utero, about 2cm x 2cm x 1cm and a small black circle. Which they can't confirm as a pregnancy as they can't see anything in it. By lmp I'm 5week 1 days. But by the only time we dtd this month I'm only 4weeks 4/5 days pregnant. They didn't see any 'free fluid' so that is a good thing. But at the moment they can't rule out ectopic and they can't confirm a pregnancy via ultrasound. So they took blood test that was sent as urgent, the lovely nurse in there said she would ring me back with results if they had any before she went home off her shift, she did and she said they haven't got the exact number because they are still in the middle of diluting it more, but it came back over 2000. Going back Sunday out of hours to get a 2nd count to see if they double. So my main questions are, what can you expect to see in the womb at this stage? And is a hcg of 2000 a good variable number for this stage to? Just hoping one of you smart ladies can help me make sense of all this.

An empty sac is exactly what you'd expect to see at this gestation- it's normal for measurements to be a few days off at this stage too- and your number sounds spot on aswell. Id say everything seems to be fine 😃

:hugs: Thankyou loraloo, iv just read your story on your sweet baby eve. I'm so sorry for you loss. :cry:

Agreed I would expect a small, empty sac. My gyn discredits any measurements done before 6 weeks, because being off by just a fraction of a can change the dates by days. My hcg at 5w5d this pregnancy was 15,901 and do Going evrry 48isj so I would have been around 3500 at 5w1d. My twin pregnancy I was 4751 at 4w6d. So our numbers aren't too far off from one another. Fxed for good news Sunday

I had this when I was pregnant with DD2. Had a pregnancy of an unknown location at thought it was ectopic. I had a scan at 4 weeks 2 days which showed the sac and yolk. Had to go back two weeks later and scan put me at 7 weeks 3 days and there was the little beans heartbeat.

First bloods were 733 and 1650 24 hours later.

Sending you hugs. Keep positive xx

Hi all had a scan done today, showed a yolk sac and fetal pole no heartbeat. My dates are 5weeks 3 days and I measured to that. So I'm feeling better. I go back in 2 weeks (7weeks 3days) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->