EARLY ULTRASOUND, SCAN at 6 weeks, What did you see?

Leinzlove

Reaction score
Well, I am scheduled for my first scan at 6+6 and I am worried there won't be a heartbeat. I'd be 6+2 at the earliest range.

What did you see?

I know though I should see something? And I can get another ultrasound at 10+6.

And would it be okay to not see a heartbeat if everything else looked amazing?

At 6 + 3, i saw a baby with a heartbeat- but i think i was lucky, not many women see that at this stage. that can sometimes be later. so yes it would defo be ok to not see a heartbeat yet but see other things like yolk sac etc.

fingers crossed for you x

At 5w6d we saw nothing but am empty gestational sac. No yolk, not fetal pole, and no heartbeat. I'm not sure when the rest would have appeared for me, but I'm guessing closer to halfway through the 6 week mark. I'd say you should see everything if you're actually 6w6d at your scan... But if it's any earlier, I wouldn't stress too much if the heartbeat isn't visible or if the fetal pole is hard to make out. While some women see everything before they even hit 6 weeks, that is not the norm and there really is a lot of variance in what can and can't be seen at this particular stage. I wouldn't worry too much as long as they are able to visualize a healthy sac and yolk at this point.

at 5w6d I saw baby and heartbeat. I know it can vary though and other women don't see anything until later. Congrats and best of luck.

With this LO at 6+2 we saw baby, yolk sac, and a heartbeat. Positive thoughts for good news!

Thank you ladies! I think I'm going to just reschedule it. I just hope they don't make me wait to 9 weeks. (7 weeks would be nice. :) )

I was never able to see a heartbeat until 7 weeks. With my last two they saw a yolk sac and fetal pole at 6 weeks. When I went back at 7 weeks they saw a heartbeat.

At 6 weeks 1 day we saw bub and the heartbeat ☺

Sounds like you already got your answer but I thought I'd chime in :)

I went in for an urgent appointment at 6 weeks exactly. I had been having intense, sharp, left-sided pain for a day and the doc told me to come in to check for an ectopic. I was told to *not* freak out if there is only an empty sac, no fetal pole, no heartbeat, etc because it was so early. (Thankfully I was told that before the ultrasound so honey and I prepared ourselves for it.)

Happily, baby is right where they are supposed to be and we saw everything- even the tiny flickering heartbeat! I still have 10 days before my first, "real" prenatal appointment. (I will be 8+6.)

My advice- it can be reassuring to go in early if you think something is terribly wrong (like ectopic), but it seems like a 50/50 chance of actually seeing anything, so if you can hold out- wait till week 7 or 8. There will be more to see and less stress!

Wishing you a happy 9 months!

Congrats! I already changed my appointment. I will be 8+1!

Leinzlove I originally had.on scheduled.for 6+4 and I rescheduled mine too. 7w4d I could see heartbeat. Hope.your scan goes well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->