Easter pregnancy announcement

HopingFor2v1

Soon to be Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

We found out a couple weeks ago that we're expecting baby #2 and have been planning to tell close family on Easter Sunday. It's been so hard keeping the secret, especially since we live so close to my family, but Since this will most likely be our last LO, we really wanted to make the announcement special. We plan on getting all our family outside to take a family picture and then instead of saying cheese, we'll say "Riley's going to be a big sister" and have our friends snap a few pictures of everyone's surprised faces.

We also planned to have our DD do an Easter egg hunt and I have a golden egg that has a shirt stuffed in it that says 'big sister'. Hope she isn't disappointed it's not filled with candy :haha:

Anyone else planning on telling family they are expecting over the Easter holiday??

Aww I love the photo idea! And the Tshirt in the egg :D part of me is desperate to tell family then part of me isn't, I've got no idea how to tell them! Also my family live away so can't do it in person unless I wait until end of April when they visit :-/

How many weeks are you Hun? I would like an Easter announcement but don't know if I I should wait longer. I'll be 9 weeks on Easter Sunday X

Thanks for your responses ladies! I'm only 6 weeks, almost 7 when we tell them, but I see my family twice a week so feel like I'm not being honest with them, if you know what I mean. The only thing giving me a bit of reservation about telling my family on Easter is that my first scan isn't until the 29th.

Quinn- It's so tough being away from family, especially when you have such exciting news! Have you told them over the phone yet, or do you think you'll wait to tell them until you see them?

Elmo- I thought an Easter announcement would be fun too. Have you had your first scan? I'm only 6w1d, so 9 weeks sounds like a perfect time.

I was going to have ds wear a easter announcement shirt as big brother but then we thought 8 weeks would be too early but my scan is this week and I feel like my naseau is giving it away we may use our other announcement shirt anyway(super hero needs a sidekick theme) but ds won't know until later as its so early.

Yes I have had a scan so maybe we could. I know what you mean about feeling dishonest I feel the same! Xx

We're debating the idea of telling DH's family this weekend for Easter, we'll be almost 6 weeks. But my first appointment isn't until next, next Monday. Originally we had wanted to wait until after my first Dr. appt.

And I totally feel you girls on feeling dishonest. I actually lied outright to my mom and my sister when I saw them last week. >.< It was too early to tell them, but both of them asked. My sister because I had told her about trying in Dec and my mother because she's rude *lol*

Aw so cute !
We are telling more family this weekend too !
A part of me wants to announce officially on Facebook with our ultrasound in an Easter basket with eggs "Eli" "Max" and "baby"
But I don't know if it's too soon !

We're debating the idea of telling DH's family this weekend for Easter, we'll be almost 6 weeks. But my first appointment isn't until next, next Monday. Originally we had wanted to wait until after my first Dr. appt.

And I totally feel you girls on feeling dishonest. I actually lied outright to my mom and my sister when I saw them last week. >.< It was too early to tell them, but both of them asked. My sister because I had told her about trying in Dec and my mother because she's rude *lol*

That's so funny! Some times I have to tell little fibs too, yesterday my Mom asked if I wanted wine with dinner, we had to leave shortly after dinner to take DD to an event, so she bought it that I couldn't partake b/c of that :haha:

Aw so cute !
We are telling more family this weekend too !
A part of me wants to announce officially on Facebook with our ultrasound in an Easter basket with eggs "Eli" "Max" and "baby"
But I don't know if it's too soon !

Love the Easter basket idea! That'll be exciting to tell everyone, you'll have to let us know how it goes!

My mom asked about sangria this easter I just said sure but dh won't drink it so hope I scared her away she knows I love sangria haha

almosthere, maybe say you're DDing? Or get some soda and say it's rum and coke? *lol*

And ham should be fine, since it'll be cooked :)

almosthere, maybe say you're DDing? Or get some soda and say it's rum and coke? *lol*

And ham should be fine, since it'll be cooked :)

Rum and coke, oh how I miss you. :cry: My husband ordered 15 bottles of wine for us and I found out I was pregnant on the day it was delivered.

Oh I miss my red wine so bad and a whiskey and coke is always a good choice too haha but so worth the wait I'll be breastfeeding so it will be almost 2 years without alcohol probably haha

Hi we found out I was pregnant on the 13th March and are hoping to tell family this weekend. But like you we see family. My little girl goes to my mums everyday as I work. I hate not telling them too. Good luck with your Easter reveal &#128522; x

Hi we found out I was pregnant on the 13th March and are hoping to tell family this weekend. But like you we see family. My little girl goes to my mums everyday as I work. I hate not telling them too. Good luck with your Easter reveal &#128522; x

Congrats! And thanks &#128516; I hope yours goes well too! Have you thought of how you will tell your family?

We were hoping to announce in a few weeks, but because of our fertility treatments we had to go ahead and spill. I have to have a scan prior to 6 weeks to be sure it isn't ectopic and to know for sure we aren't having twins or more. I had planned my trip home (12 hours away) but then I got my BFP and had to postpone until after the scan. I couldn't stand to hear my mom cry over my changes so I told her and then I couldn't tell her and then not tell MIL. :wacko:

DH and I were tempted to tell the rest of his family for Easter (since his parents know already as they knew we were doing IVF; IVF #2 was the lucky one:happydance:). But I'm 11 weeks and despite my 8 week scan looking great would feel better to wait until after my April 6th nuchal scan to tell everyone else (I'll be almost 13 weeks by then). DH is thinking of calling his grandmother shortly after and then telling his 2 brothers and cousin when they're going to help him paint the inside walls of our new house (we get the keys April 1st) that weekend. Then I'll also make a FB announcement as well.

I come from a highly dysfunctional, toxic family and currently have pretty much no contact with my toxic older siblings (who've been highly emotionally and verbally abusive, especially one of my brothers) so won't be telling them anything, they wouldn't care at this point anyway since they see me as being selfish for not putting up with all their abusive antics and trying to set reasonable boundaries:nope:

I feel you on the wine Hoping, I really love white wine so that's probably been the hardest to give up although I haven't really been drinking anything since we started IVF treatments November:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->