Yield: between 45 - 50
Gas 5/190C/ 375F

Metric Imperial
225g 1/2 lb butter, softened
100g 4oz caster sugar
225g 1/2lb SF Flour
5ml 1 tsp vanilla essence
To finish: sprinkle of icing sugar

Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add vanilla and fold in the flour
Mix to a smooth dough
Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for a minute or two. Roll into a sausage shape approx 5cm/ 2in in diameter, put in fridge to chill until firm.

To Freeze: Wrap in foil, pack in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
To Thaw and Serve: Thaw in the wrappings in the fridge for approx 30 mins, then cut into thin (ish) slices, place on greased baking sheets and bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.

Variations:
Chocolate: Sub 25g / 1oz cocoa powder for the vanilla.
Cherry: Add 50g / 2 oz glace cherries, finely chopped
Nut: Add 50g/2oz chopped almonds or walnuts.

Notes:
These take moments to prep. I make one batch and cut the 'sausage' in half before chilling. Once chilled to firm, one half is then put in the freezer.
The "dough" will keep in the fridge for a few days, so you can "slice" fresh biscuits as and when required.

These are so handy for packed lunches for school,i dont give chloe processed food or sweets etc (I know I am horrible!) so these are so tasty.

Char can we have a recipe/food board

We had a sticky but in time it wasn't used & I wanted other stuff for sticky topics!

Would a section be used?

AG......the biscuit recipe or the recipe thread?
B.x

Lol I was going to say found that a coincidence that you were after bisuits recipes,lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->