eating constantly??

ladymilly

proud mammy
Reaction score
My 5 year old (she will be 6 in July) step daughter is constantly asking for something to eat!! She will eat her breakfast and 10 mins later look for more food. She is a little overweight and is wearing 8 year old size clothes. We have stopped giving her as much sweets as she used to get and is now only really allowed a treat once a day like 2 biscuits or crisps. We are getting her out for walks recently and have stopped fizzy drinks. She is constantly asking though and it is driving us mad. We have her for 5 days then her mother takes her for 5 days so we don't know what she gets to eat there. Lets just say her mother is not the best mother at all. I try to give her good dinners and grill instead of fry stuff for her. any ideas on what to do?

Eating constantly is normal at this age. My 5 and 7 year old are the same.

All I can suggest is make sure that you have healthy food...yogurt, veggies, fruit, etc. and maybe cut down on the sweets to once per day. You cannot stop a child from eating, but the best thing to do is give good foods.

My little man is the same his younger though it drives me mental i only offer him fruit and yoghurts he just doesnt let up though.

what everyone else has said just offer fruit veggies and yougrts. maybe also talk to her mother hun find out what she is giving her.

BTW what you giving her for her breakfast??? sugary cerceals like coco pops frosties things like that, don't fill kids up for long periods of time maybe rice krispies and weetablix things like that or porridge.

she really only likes toast for breakfast. my OH spoke to her mother and she said that she is exactly the same when she is with her. I think she is going to get her a check up at the doctor just to make sure it isnt something other than her growing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->