Eating dos and donts

emrhian91

Reaction score
I know I saw a post about eating dos and donts but I can't find it.

I just want to check out what I really shouldn't be eating lol

Theres a app on phones called ovia pregnancy that tells u some hun

In the pregnancy club forum in here there is a thread at the top with what and what not to eat :) xx

Ahh that's where it is! Thanks haha
I knew I had seen it somewhere

I don't have a complete list as I'm sure there are many other things to avoid but my midwife gave me a list and it has on it:

No deli meats like bologna and salami (this makes me sad as I LOVE my cold subs)
No unpasteurized soft cheeses
No unpasteurized milk and juices
No raw or undercooked fish, meat and eggs
No vegetable sprouts like alfalfa or bean sprouts
No swordfish, tilefish, shark and king mackerel due to mercury content

I hope you find what you're looking for and that this helps in the meantime :) Congrats on your pregnancy btw!

It also depends where you are in the world. The UK has different food list to the US and we get to eat sandwich meat :)

I think we're also 'allowed' to eat runny egg in the UK if it's got a lion stamp on aren't we?

I think we're also 'allowed' to eat runny egg in the UK if it's got a lion stamp on aren't we?

Yup. It changes yearly to be honest. Some stables stay the same, but others change. I had DS 8 years ago and couldn't have nuts with him as they thought it could cause nut allergies. Fine when pregnant with DD (although advised not to due to OH having a nut allergy) Couldn't have runny eggs with DD and now can and that's only been a year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->