Eating healthy or eating what you want ?

mummof1

Reaction score
Hey ladies so I'm 5 almost 6 weeks as you can see and I'm feeling pretty good. No symptoms except peeing lots and the odd cramp/stretching feeling.
I don't have any food aversions yet so I'm trying to eat healthy but I'm also giving in to my cravings and sometimes just eating what's convenient lol.
My husband is a paramedic so he works long hours (shift work) sometimes it's just easier to order a pizza when I'm home alone with the kids lol!
How's everyone else eating ?
Are you restricting yourself to only what's healthy ?
Are you eating lots of junk ?
or balance of healthy and junk when you want it ?

Hi I'm 7+2and food aversions just kicking in so I'm eating what I want !! This weeks its been bland food ,,, rice .. Very exciting oh and bananas and oj lol

Hi! I have nausea all day long and have gone off a lot of foods. I end up craving bad stodgy food but try not to eat too much as it makes the nausea worse! I have tried not to eat junk food but sometimes it's just convenient. I do try to snack on fruit.

I do feel bad as there are two heavily pregnant woman at work and I see them eating really healthy salads and snacking on vegetable and fruit. I had pie and mash for lunch! Hopefully when the nausea goes then I will eat better.

I am trying to eat as healthy as possible while I'm feeling good. Also, I'm trying to make sure everything I'm eating is safe too. It's been 100+ degrees where I am, so anything cold is sounding tasty. My man is a chef and I am very blessed and grateful he enjoys cooking at home as well as work.

It can be hard sometimes ! If I have junk food I usually try and make sure to eat something healthy after .. Tonight we had pizza for dinner then I brought out a huge bowl of blueberries we all ate up and I didn't feel as guilty lol

My diet is usually pretty good- lots of protein, veggies, healthy fats and all that... but due to nausea and food aversions all I can eat right now are crackers and fruit. I was pleased with myself earlier today when I ate a bagel with cream cheese, but it was really hard to get down. Well, I guess things could be worse than eating just bread and fruit... I've heard of women who only wanted extra greasy fried meats their first trimester!

I've been pretty bad with eating lately- baby is making me crave junky food. Like tonight was pizza. But I at least ate a salad with it. :haha:

I let myself have whatever I crave and whatever I can stomach in first tri. At this point, I'm trying to get back to eating better to help myself gain energy and NOT gain a hundred pounds. Haha. I just lost 70 lbs before getting pregnant with this baby, and I'm not looking to gain it back!

Last week I was eating so healthy- sauteed veggies and whole wheat pasta, quinoa, lentils, white beans, anything from my garden...

This week MS is really kicking in, and all I wanted today was trash food! It was bad, people. Here's the list of shame:

- five chocolate chip cookies
- a piece of chocolate cake
- a mini ice cream cone
- three lemon oreos
- then a peanut butter oreo
- then two Samoa Girl Scout cookies (do you have these in the UK?!)

...let it be known my husband is currently gaping at this list.

I'm 5'7" and around 120, so I'm not too worried, especially since I normally eat very, very differently.

I think it's fine as long as it isn't habit... right?

I usually eat a mix. I try to eat healthy whenever I can stomach it. But if NOTHING sounds palatable then I will eat whatever I can stomach just to have some calories and nutrients. I give into cravings but do my best not to eat the bad stuff in ridiculous amounts. Luckily I've craved a lot of fruit so I let myself have my fill of that. I also crave slushes from sonic because it's so hot here and since they're just ice with a little bit of flavoring and not a ton of calories, I enjoy those often.

Now making egg free cookie dough was a horrible idea for me though :haha:

I'd say if you have healthy craving lean towards those more often. And if you indulge in a bad craving don't beat yourself up, just don't eat a gallon of it in one sitting lol.

I'm eating healthy however I have forgotten a couple meals and needed to grab whatever. I haven't given in, into any cravings yet! :thumbup:

Thread hopping! :flower: super healthy eater here - really healthy overall, but when I was pregnant I ate exactly what I craved and never thought twice! Yes obviously there needs to be a balance - but if you are seriously wanting a certain food at a certain time - EAT IT :happydance:

If you can't eat what you want when you're pregnant - then when can you?! :)

Also - even eating what I wanted, when I wanted - I gained a totally normal amount of weight when pregnant and everything went back to normal afterward. Cravings are sometimes your bodies way of telling you what you need! Enjoy it!!!

Haha thanks ! Sometimes you feel so much pressure when you're pregnant to eat perfectly but it's not always easy!

Its a combination. Around 6 weeks i was eating whatever i could stomach which meant junk food. Then i got put on iron tablets which make you really constipated, so i went to only high fibre foods and craved protein stuff like eggs so that was awesome. Now im nearly 11weeks and morning sickness is easing up so junk food is creeping back in. I plan to get asmuch vegies and protein as possible cos im vegetarian, but im not gonna go superhealthy. A little bit of junk food is fine. And convenience meals are essential when you working full time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->