eating meat!!!! help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Candace Jon, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Candace Jon

Candace Jon SO EXCITED!!!

I am 7w2d and before we were pregnant i LOVED to ear meat! (sorry veggies :sad1: ) byut now i cant even think about chicken let alone smell or eat it!!! i tried a few times i took a bit and had to spit it out...couldn't swallow it! So does anyone else have this issues or cant eat or smell certain things?
    :sad2: I LOVE MY MEATS!!!!!!!!!!

2. sweetpea01

sweetpea01 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that meat makes me sick right now but I don't really want any either. Chicken is particularly gross for alot of pregnant women. I haven't touched a raw chicken to cook since I got pregnant and the only time I eat it is when someone else fixes it or I eat it out. So at least I can keep it down if I eat it. There are other sources of protein if you can't stand meat right now. Beans are great, peanut butter on toast is delicious especially if it melts on top, yougurt is a great source. I am having a hard time with veggies. I used to love olives but now I can't eat them. I have noticed that I have to stick to plain stuff like potatoes, spaghetti.. a lot of starchy stuff. I think as my pregnancy is progressing I am getting better with the whole food thing. It was at it's worst at about 7 weeks and it is gradually getting better. I actually had a salad last night and it was delicious and I had been having a really hard time eating any kind of veggies. I think it will get better for you..hang in there.

3. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

im the other way round - i was a dedicated veggie... until i got pregnant. now i have gone and started batting for the other side big time!

i have gone right off vegetables. i normally love them. i have since i was little always liked them better than the meat on a roast dinner for example.

now just the thought of a broccolli makes me go eulgh!

now my vegetarian ways are lost (hopefully not forever) as i crave burgers and ham sandwiches and sausages and spag bol! :(

4. Weeplin

Weeplin Proud mummy :)

I have been the same since about 7 weeks too. I love meat, especially chicken but I just can't stomach it as often and chicken is a definite no no. I miss it, I'm having chinese tonight but I'm going to have to have a veggie option because the thought of meat is just too much lol

I'm sure it will pass. :)

5. magicbubble

you have no idea how much i want to eat a chinese right now!!! :)

6. Weeplin

Weeplin Proud mummy :)

Haha! I'm not even sure if I do anymore but I better not disappoint the DP..I kind of feel like just munching on a big tub of yoghurt I have in the fridge.

7. LoraLoo

LoraLoo Pregnant with a Rainbow

With my 3rd baby i couldnt even cook chicken lt alone eat it, even though i normally love it....so the whole family had to go with out. Even after she was born, it was a good 9, 10 months before i could eat it again! xx

8. magicbubble

hehe i remember that feeling where you think you want something, but then minutes later completely change your mind.

im just getting over that now and getting back onto REAL food :) (apart from the vegetables and a couple of other things)

9. raylynn

raylynn Well-Known Member

I'm just now being able to eat beef again. For the past few weeks the smell or taste just made me feel sick.

10. magicbubble

roast dinners - love them! but not a week ago. a few weeks ago i couldnt wait to get out of the house as i was cooking one for husband. the smell of it just sent my stomach in sicky somorsaults!

11. SammieGrace

SammieGrace Well-Known Member

I was vegetarian for a year before I got pg...I knew something was up and took a test because I wanted a pastrami sandwich so bad, out of the blue, it was ridiculous! I ate the entire sandwich without a second thought, after an entire year where I would not have even considered doing that. For the most part, the idea of dealing with raw meat seems gross to me but I have been eating meat ever since I found out I was pg. Now I just wonder what will happen after the baby is born!?

12. magicbubble

i intend to go back to being vegetarian when baby is born but i know i will find it hard as i have got back into the meat habbit. at least last time i was in a mindset that only the baby was able to shake

13. Candace Jon

Candace Jon SO EXCITED!!!

This is freaking hilarious!!! I LOVE IT