Eatting Before Egg Collection

Lilly Pud

Reaction score
Hi,

I have egg collection tomorrow morning, at 08:00 but can not remember when I have to stop eating from today, I think it was 13:00 hrs but so 17 hrs before egg collection. Do you know can an I eat more after this time or not? It was a bit of a rush, I stimmed early due to risk of ohss and I just can't remember, plus clinic don't take calls on a Sunday. :wacko:

Do you not have an emergency number for a nurse at the clinic? I was given an out of hours number incase I needed to contact them. Are you having sedation or general anesthetic? 17 hours without food doesnt sound right to me I don't think thats right. Normally for a GA its no food or drink after midnight so I can't imagine it being much different for egg collection.

In my previous experience with ER it's usually from midnight before you can't eat or drink. You can typically take sips of water up to 3 hours before. But as the previous poster says, do you have an emergency number to call? That seems like a very long time to be without food and will make you quite sick when you come round from the anesthesia. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies.

I called the emergency number, but nobody was available, they told me to call 111 but they could not help.

I think I'll just not eat, I wrote what they said, but had been sleeping before they called and my note is poor. It says

trigger 20:30 food
13:00
23:00 Drink
Appoint: 08:00 ??

I can't think why I would write that otherwise.

Not feeling confident anyway, I have over 25 follicles but most are not that big, I have only been stimming since last Friday.

I am just having sedation and local anaesthetic.

Just found some guys on another forum who go to the same clinic as me, I can eat!!! Feel really stupid for writing everything down wrong! Thanks Guys for your help.

Definitely eat, that is a long time to go without food. The 13.00 you wrote down is probably 01.00am. My last EC was at 10.30am and I could have food until 02.30am and water up until 07.00am.

Wishing you the best of luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->