Ebay - Grr

Lucy_lu_84

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Sorry I jsut need a little rant!

i had no clue that you had to pay 15 % Vat to Ebay for anything you sold :( I have jsut sold some concert tickets for face value, because I am no longer able to go ...and now I lose out by £16 because I have to pay a stupid fee! i know i doesn't sound a lot but it is to us right now!

If i've have bloody known I would have tried to sell them a different way and not thru ebay :(:(

Yep its a bloody joke, I've had it with them now! They sting you for fees to sell, fees when sold and paypal fees, takes piss!

You can cancel the transaction if the buyer agrees and ask them to collect them then you dont get stung for fees.

V xxxx

V that's not a bad idea! lol

Gosh I so own't be using ebay again in a hurry I tell ya!

not sure the selling fees are 15% vat, its usually 10% of the finalvalue fee, which does include vat but they cant actually charge you 15% vat

Yea I got it wrong it is 10% but either way I'm still down £15 now on the tickets i sold! :(

yeah its stupid you get charged to list it then charged to sell it.

My mum listed something starting at £5, and it ended it £5 but ebay still took 50p *not much i no* but that left her with £4.50 so not even the starting price :dohh:

Im sure ebay still charge for cash on collection items to.

So you pay to list, pay to sell it, and pay to get the money into paypal..

So 3x XXX amount to the same company :dohh: :nope:

yip, hence the reason i stopped using ebay regularly to sell things its just a huge rip - in the early days it was fab too :(

my little brother got truly stung with the final value fees, he never knew about them, or didnt pay attention when he should of and sold over a grands worth of stuff in the summer - took the money from paypal and 3 weeks later got an invoice to the tune of £127

It sucks!

Yeah listing fees, selling fee, paypal fees :(
i know I'm better off than if i didn't sell them but im still done in cash!

Guess i shoulda read properly...I just assumed it was the same as when I used it to seel years ago

It sucks!

Yeah listing fees, selling fee, paypal fees :(
i know I'm better off than if i didn't sell them but im still done in cash!

Guess i shoulda read properly...I just assumed it was the same as when I used it to seel years ago

i stick to friday-ads or preloved now :thumbup: unless i want to buy something then ill use ebay :haha:

Yes ebay does have extorionate rates and you never know exactly how much they will be charging you untill the item is sold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->