Ebay HELP Please please please :-(

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Hi all i was just wondering if anyone has a problem with ebay?
I went to log in tonight and it kept saying my password was wrong.... i then checked my email and received this....

It appears that a third party accessed your eBay account and used it to send emails to other eBay members without your authorisation.

At this time we have taken several steps to secure your eBay account. We assure you that your credit card and bank details are kept encrypted on secure server and have not been viewed by anyone.

To restore access to your account securely, please follow these steps

1. Change the password on your personal email account to verify that it is secure and cannot be accessed by anyone other than you.

2. Change the password on your eBay account. Click "I've forgotten my password" on the eBay sign-in page and follow the instructions to choose a new password.

3. Check that the contact information on your account is correct. Go to "Personal Information" in My eBay.

We recommend you take our Account Protection tutorial to help understand how your account was compromised and how you can protect yourself in future. Copy this link into a new browser window:

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tutorial/accountprotection/js_tutorial.html

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have further queries or require assistance.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
https://pages.ebay.co.uk/education/spooftutorial

This administrative email was sent to email removed from eBay Europe S.à r.l.. Your account is registered on www.ebay.co.uk. As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
User Agreement: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Copyright © 2007-2008 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.

Is this a bogus email? should i follow these steps to gain control of my ebay again? i cant seem to contact them and dont want to make matters worse if my account has been breached argh :-(

I wouldn't follow the link personally, maybe contact eBay about it.

Sorry I can't help more than that!

All genuine emails from ebay will have your ebay username at the top to prove that they're sent from them and not some random just sending something to all email addresses they can find.

Also if you hover over the link with your mouse (but don't click) you'll see what the genuine link address is in the status bar at the bottom of your screen. Some fake emails will disguise links so they look like something genuine but when you click you're redirected to something that looks real (where you fill in your username and password, bank details etc) but isn't.

If someone has got access to your account there's a chance they'll email you, make you think it's from ebay and request your account details. I'd forward the email on to ebay (if there's an email address on the site) to check that it's genuine or ask them through this: eBay Contact Form

Think they're usually pretty good about replying - especially if it's a security thing x

i agree, just be careful, ebay are quick to respond if you contact them over something like that, but i wouldnt follow the link from the message,

to change any passwords type the web address in yourself instead of clicking a link from an email.

Was half asleep when I replied last night, but they don't actually give you a link to change any details do they? If they just tell you to go to ebay and change your details it's probably genuine x

Thanks all i got it sorted now. Its quite common by the looks of it,someone getting into your account and sending emails from it. I got a response from one user calling me a dumbass lol....im in the middle of asking him what was sent

Um, at risk of sounding really daft...i clicked on that email link thing to see if i could help before i read the whole thread. It was genuine wasn't it? because now i'm worried people can get onto my ebay :blush:

I contacted them and yeah they said it was genuine and even gave me the title to the email which had loads of mixed up letters and numbers in it :)

let me tell u this then..i thankfully got my laptop,but when i ad a problem with it wks later,went2find the fella and they was complaits from pp who hadnt even got there laptops...but paid4them!! he'd gone bust!
we bought loads over a mth when we first got laptop :) and i said2 a fella "OMG hows the postage £12 on that!" somat i wanted2get,it was £5 ..£12 postage and he said 4ur info, ebay take a % outa wot sellers get4 the otem therefore im making my money thro p&p ! then he reported me and my accounts now suspended!! then gary went on ebay a wk or so later, went through2 PP and guess wot? suspended,cos they said he didnt pay for a £3 ps3 lead, well how did they send it, and why didnt PP pay for it ? so basically we cant go on there anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->