ebay isn't half hard work!

MummyMummy

Reaction score
my lawd! some people are hard work!

i won a mannequin dummy in durham, which is around a 2.5hour drive from us. listing says collection btw, no mention of posting, but collection is better anyway so it isn't like i've told/asked can icollect kwim? and no mention of specific times to pick up or days.

yesterday i messaged them saying we would come tomorrow, then 1min (literally) later said please ignore last message as partner said to ask would we be ok to pick up next weekend when our sat nav arrives, explained we lived a lil ride away etc.reply back saying 'HI you can cme up thats ok' along with number and that they can post if need be. all set for nextweekend then.

this morning to be polite and offer to take it if theywere in demand for space i said we can collect today if you are eager toget rid if not will see you nextweekend. received a message back saying they are away for a week that week. ithen said what about the week after, reply back saying they are on hol for 2weeks. sent message back saying is anytime during the week good at around 8pm as partner only finishes work at 5 and it is a 2.5hour drive. she then gave me a list of shop opening times and said sundays by appointment only. i said we can't do the weekday times as partner works till 5pm as i prev said. then said we can come today, before 5pm butcan't give an exact time as would be using aa route planner and couldn't predict traffic and we might get lost without satnav. she sent a reply back saying they shut at 2pm due to laws. why did shesay next weekend was ok when she's away?! why not tell me that they closed early on a sun!? then told us she is working till monday morning... idon't know why?! did ask is there a neighbour/friend could leavewith and she said no it's comercial property.

messaged back saying could she give some leaway as have asked about every possible arrangement i canthink of and there's been a problem with them all. she messaged saying she doesn't understand, phone her partner. messaged back asking would a compromise of staying behind today/1day this week not be possible. then said phone partner who could go back to shop and that they close at 4pm not 2pm she got it wrong but he goes for his dinner then? :confused:

how hard work was all that!my mr.man thinks she wants us to phone her partner to see if he could stay behind today :dohh: good lord.

*counts out exact money just to be awkward*

xXx

How annoying. Some people are awkward. I put a bouncy chair up on it and put it as collection only. This woman messaged me and asked if she won it would I be willing to deliver it so I said yes but because of it's bulk it would cost quite a bit. Then when she won it she decided she didn't actually want to pay that much for postage so she doesn't want the chair at all!!

i bought a bump to fit the mannequin and the owner of thebump was so sweetthat she even offered to drop it off for us, but isaidno because ishould do the running around as im the buyer kwim? although a bit of give/take with the above woman wouldhave been a great help!

how annoying for you! some peoplearejust crazy! its annoying that you can't leave fb either as a seller... you just gotta be super nice aaall the time whenall you are dying to say is ffs p off!!!
xXx

Well, to be fair, she's giving you times convenient to her schedule and it's not her fault you bid when 2 1/2 hours away. Just sounds like all-around bad communication, and you might have less stress just canceling the purchase or having her post.

When buying on eBay and using pick-up, always make sure it's somewhere close enough to you that you can be home in time for bed if you have to pick up at 8. This is the rule I've lived by since eBay started. If it's more than 20 minutes away, forget about it, unless it's a heavy item that can't be shipped, then maybe 90 minutes, but I will accept I might have to be up late or up very early. Getting the item at a time convenient for the seller is the buyer's responsibility, and the rule is if you can't do that, don't bid. Sellers already take on a lot of crap and fees so people can buy stuff cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->