Ebay/Paypal. Scam?

Cazza89

Mummy of 1,expecting no.2
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Am in need of urgent advice. . .

Well, checked my mail yesterday and had a reciept from paypal saying i'd sent payment for nearly £250 for something off of ebay!!
Now, i have not used Ebay in over a year, don't know my login details etc as tried to get on there not long ago! Also, i've only ever used Paypal once, and that was to buy my doppler at the begining of March. Help!
I emailed Paypal to ask them of my last transaction and will be checking my balance/getting a bank statement tomorrow.

It had a link to cancel the transaction but i'm worried if this is a scam and i put my details into it then i'd be stuffed! Really don't need this stress with a lo on the way! ='(

what shall i do? x

Ignore the email. It's likely a spoof. Click on the link BUT DONT LOG INTO ANYTHING then check the address in the address bar at the top ie where the www.babyandbump.com would be when you come on here. You can tell its garbage byt the address - it may mention ebay or paypal (or any company 'claiming' to want you to log in - banks etc) but if it doesnt actually start www.ebay...... or www.paypal......its a hoax and they want you to think you are loggin on but they are actually capturing your ebay or paypal log in details so they can rail your account.

That's why i didn't log in. Thanks for that though! X

Yeah - it 's a scam. They are very clever though - they look so genuine dont they? All the right logos and fonts etc. They take a punt that someone will reply. They also hope that you might have the same password for eBay as you have for Paypal so it's always a good idea to keep those two different. If they get you to give up your eBay details then they'll try raid your Paypal - my friend's account got done over and it wasn't linked to her credit card - it was to her current account....they emptied it :( Your credit card is safer as it's covered by fraud insurance and at least you have some time to sort it - if they clear your current account youre up shit creek :(

Oh no.
Well i tried replying to the email address of the person i had 'apparently' brought this item from and i had a mailer demon notice. I've not logged into anything and contacted paypal. I'm waiting to hear from them before i do anything else. Thanks guys. X

you just need to delete it hun - there are thousands swimming around. So long as you log on to either paypal or eBay via their sites rather than an email you're fine :)

NEVER EVER click any links in an email that claims to be Paypal, your bank or other personal websites! Always ALWAYS go to the website.

Also Paypal do not address you as 'sir, madam, paypal user etc'. like wise for banks.

ANy notifiication you get from them don't have links and all messages they send you are alerted on your accounts when you login so again you go DIRECT to the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->