Ebay question... quick!!

Sophie1205

TTC #2
Reaction score
someone has just bidded on one of my items which has 40 mins left on it. The person has only joined ebay today and it says on their profile they are from Brazil and I dont post abroad. What can I do???? I cant end the item because it has less than 12 hours on it. Help quicckkkk??? :flower:

you must send them a message saying you dont post abroad hun
has anyone else bid?

Ive just sent them a message with no reply yet.

No no other bidders. Arghh panic lol x

If they end up being the winning bidder and want you to post to Brazil you will be able to claim back your final value fee if you have stated that you dont post abroad but will mean you have to re advertise your item.Never know tho they might have family/or an address in england that they have things sent to.For now though I dont think you can retract their bid as it ends soon,fingers xd someone else out bids them

there is a remove bid option but i dont no where it is?

No I didnt put in the listing that i dont post abroad i didnt realise I had to i assumed it was just the UK... Im sure I read somewhere that it only comes up in the UK listings..

Damn :(

i take it you have tried to end it

if not try this hun

Ending Your Listing Early
If you cannot complete your listing as planned, you can end your listing via the End My Listing Early Form. Remember to select "Cancel bids and end the listing early". All bids will be cancelled automatically and the bidders informed.

go to my ebay , all selling then end my listing early

A guy did the same to me a while back..so i revised the invoice and charged him £15 p&p to send it signed for international, thinking he wouldnt pay (Lol) he did so i sent it that way (only cost £9) so i made more that i expected too lol..so you could weight the item and work out the p&p (i really reccomend sending signed for, especially when posting abroad) then send them a revised invoice for the correct postage..they either pay then or will ask you to cancel the sale. Either way you are covered money wise..x

No I didnt put in the listing that i dont post abroad i didnt realise I had to i assumed it was just the UK... Im sure I read somewhere that it only comes up in the UK listings..

Damn :(

There is somewhere in seller account settings where you can set it so there are no international bidders(doesnt stop them bidding but you can rely on that to automatically put on your listing that you dont post abroad).I will try and find you a link for you to change the settings for any future listings you do x

Ooo v2007 is here she knows her stuff on ebay x

I cant end it hun.

Ive tried and it says this:

Your listing can't end early if there are bids on the item, the reserve price has been met, or the listing ends in 12 hours or less.

x

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#canceling

Its ok, dont panic, cancel the bid and put them on your blocked bidders list.

Tighten up your buyer prefrences do this...

Go to My eBay.

Click the Account tab, and then click the Site Preferences link in the left navigation.

In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Buyer requirements, and then click the Show link.

Click the Edit link.

On the Buyer Requirements page, select your requirements.

Click the Submit button to save your requirements.
lInks
https://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow&guest=1

https://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin&hc=1&hm=jf.re`j45736

V xxxx

Ah yeah thats where I meant edit your buyer preferrences,you can block international buyers there x

SC you're a star thank youuuu!! :hugs:
Phew Ive done it.

Right thanks V2007 I'll have a look at what your sayin to do now :) xx

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#canceling

Once cancelled, ban them to make sure they dont bid again:
Add an eBay user to my Blocked Bidder/Buyer List

Ive done what you said V, and it says:

Your buyer requirements have been updated. Block buyers who: Are registered in countries to which I don't post.

But how does it know where I dont ship to :rofl: ???? x

I think it auto blocks all bids from ppl reg outside the UK.

v XXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"